1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ John Hinshaw (1783-1855) m Margaret Ann Ratcliff (1790-1860)
9......... John Hinshaw (1818-1902) m Teresa Wright (1825-1883)
10.......... Teresa Jane Hinshaw (1845-<1920)
+Pleasant W. Bales (1843-1921)
Teresa Jane Hinshaw [ID 03752]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Teresa Jane Hinshaw1,2,3 [Terica Hinchaw4].
Born Jan 11 1845, Randolph County, Indiana.1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
She married Pleasant W. Bales3,10,11 [Pleasant Beales12, Pleasant Bailes13, Plesant W. Beals6], Jan 25 18623,10,11, Randolph County, Indiana3,10,11. Pleasant, son of Pleasant Comfort Beales & Mary Abshire, was born May 21 1843, Indiana.3,6,7,8,11,12,13,14
Laura A. Bales, born Dec 17 1862, Indiana; married Aug 9 1879, James B. Brown.
Meleena/Maleena/Melcena/Malcena J. Bales, born Feb 19 1867; died Mar 17 1867.
Mary Ellen Bales, born Nov 17 1868, Indiana; married 1) Jun 5 1883, Arthur S. Bales (children: Ecil Samantha, Goldie Clifton and Maude V. Bales); 2) Jun 29 1904, Thomas A. Gill.
Teresa Samantha Bales, born Jun 24 1871; married 1) Apr 24 1886, John M. Harris, 2) Aug 21 1906, John J. Shelly.
Shuyler J.M. Bales, born Oct 8 1873; died Oct 17 1874.
Teresa and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 25 1870), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:6
Beals, Plesant W., age 26, born in Indiana; farmer; $3000 real estate; $500 personal property.
Beals, Theresa J., age 25, born in Indiana; keeps house.
Beals, Laura A., age 7, born in Indiana; attended school.
Beals, Mary E., age 1, born in Indiana.
Teresa and Pleasant were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16 1900), North Main Street, Winchester, Randolph County, Indiana:7
Bales, Pleasant W., head-of-household, age 57, born May 1843 in Indiana; parents' birthplaces unknown; married 38 years; occupation: justice peace; owned home (free).
Bales, Teresa J., wife, age 55, born Jan 1845 in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; married 38 years; 5 [unclear] children, 3 living.
Teresa and Pleasant were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 21 1910), North Main Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:8
Bales, Pleasant, head-of-household, age 66, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Virginia; first marriage, married 40 years; occupation: proprietor, boarding house; owned home (free).
Bales, Teresa J., wife, age 65, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; married 40 years; 5 children, 2 living.
Eicle, William, boarder, age 23, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; single; occupation: fireman, locomotive.
Sonner, Harry, boarder, age 22, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; single; occupation: fireman, locomotive.
Smith, Brant, boarder, age 23, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: brakeman, railroad.
Smith, Fred, boarder, age 20, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: brakeman, railroad.
Wilder, Chas, boarder, age 33, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Minnesota; single; occupation: fireman, locomotive.
Living next door in 1910 was the family of daughter Mary Ellen.15
Teresa Jane Hinshaw died before 1920.14
Widower Pleasant was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8-9 1920), living in the household of daughter Teresa at 2301 Station Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:14
Shelly, John J., head-of-household, age 51, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Ireland; owned home; occupation: foreman, can shops.
Shelly, Theresa S., wife, age 48, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Bales, Pleasant W., father-in-law, age 77, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Virginia; widower.
Pleasant remarried Dec 24 1920 to Estella G. Haehl.11
Pleasant died Nov 11 1921.12
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer.
- Contribution from Madolyn Veerkamp () citing: family bible.
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll 168, pg 44, household #51.
- 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 728, line #22, dwelling #253, family #247.
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 441, line #1, dwelling #50, family #50.
- 1900 census, 3rd Ward, Winchester, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 137, page 15A-B, line #50, dwelling #352, family #365.
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, Indianapolis, Center Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T624-366, ED 30, page 8A, line #23, dwelling #177, family #180.
- Contribution from Kay Lonnell Clark () citing: Hinshaw family bible.
- Contribution from Kay Lonnell Clark ().
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect GEDCOM from Jo Martin ().
- 1860 census, Lynn P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M653-292, page 741, line #1, dwelling #352, family #339.
- 1920 census, 1st Ward, Indianapolis, Center Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-451, ED 28, page 8B, line #60, dwelling #175, family #182.
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, Indianapolis, Center Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T624-366, ED 30, page 8A, line #30, dwelling #178, family #181.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]