1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Solomon Hinshaw (1817-1873) m Rachel Hodgin (1819-1869)
10.......... Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw (1844-1926) m Eliza Thomas (1841-1915)
11........... Herbert Atwood Hinshaw (1871-1952)
+Malona Cook (1871-1948)
12............ Herbert Spencer Hinshaw (1893-1894) 1,2
12............ Harold Everett Hinshaw (1896-1982) 3,4,5,6
12............ Corwin Glenn Hinshaw (1902-1973) 3,4,7
12............ Bernice Hinshaw (1907-1997) 3,4,7,8
Herbert Atwood Hinshaw [ID 04077]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 3 1871, Indiana.6,7,9,10,11,12,13
He married Malona Cook, Oct 2 1891, at the house of Joseph Cook, Marion County, Oregon.1,2,3,10,12,14 Malona, daughter of Joseph Cook & Mary Jay, was born Dec 14 1871, Iowa.1,2,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,15 Malona was the sister of John Jay Cook15 who married Herbert's sister Florence.
Herbert and family lived in Oregon, then later in Berkeley, California.3
Herbert and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 2 1900), Canby, Clackamas County, Oregon:6
Hinshaw, Herbert, head-of-household, age 28, born Sep 1871 in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in England; married 9 years; occupation: ticket & ex agent; rented home.
Hinshaw, Lona, wife, age 28, born Dec 1871 in Iowa; parents born in North Carolina; married 9 years; 2 children, 1 living.
, son, age 3, born Oct 1896 in Oregon; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa.
Herbert and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 25 1910), 1177 E. Taylor, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon:4
Hinshaw, Herbert A., head-of-household, age 30, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in England; married 18 years; occupation: traveling agent, S.P.; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Mallona C, wife, age 39, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; married 18 years; 4 children, 3 living.
Herbert and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), 1185 East Taylor St., Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon:7
Hinshaw, Herbert A., head-of-household, age 48, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in England; owned home; occupation: freight agent, railroad co.
Hinshaw, Mallona, wife, age 48, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio.
Hinshaw, Corwin G.
, son, age 17, born in Oregon; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; attended school.
, daughter, age 12, born in Oregon; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; attended school.
Herbert and family were shown in the 1927 city directory of Oakland/Berkeley, California:16
Hinshaw Herbt A (Malona C) h2607 Woolsey B
Herbert and Malona were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 2607 Woolsey St., Berkeley, Alameda County, California:12
Hinshaw, Herbert A., head-of-household, age 58, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in England; first married at age 21; owned home ($11,000 value); radio in home; occupation: c[..unclear..] trader, railroad; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Malona C., wife, age 58, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 20.
Living in the same dwelling (but apparently in a different unit or floor) was daughter Bernice and her husband17 (apparently renting a room/unit/floor from Herbert & Malona).
Herbert and son were shown in the 1933 city directory of San Francisco, California:16
Hinshaw Herbt A genl frt traf mgr SPCo r Blky
Herbert and Malona were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 22 1940), 2607 Woolsey, Berkeley, Alameda County, California:13
Hinshaw, Herbert A, head-of-household, age 68, born in Indiana; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($9000 value); occupation: retired executive.
Hinshaw, Malona C, wife, age 68, born in Iowa; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Malona died Feb 5 1948, Contra Costa County, California; age 77.10,11,18
Malona's obituary was published in "The American Friend" on March 18, 1948 (page 94).18
Herbert Atwood Hinshaw died Dec 26 1952, Berkeley, Alameda County, California.10,11,18
Herbert's obituary was published in "The American Friend" on May 7, 1953 (page 159).18
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Fred Lager ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Michael Cooper ().
- Contribution from Michael Hinshaw.
- 1910 census, 8th Ward, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T624-1286, ED 197, page 11B, line #76, dwelling #267, family #294.
- Contribution from Diane Kathryn Hinshaw.
- 1900 census, Canby, Clackamas County, Oregon; roll T623-1345, ED 82, page 1B, line #93, dwelling #25, family #25.
- 1920 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T625-1501, ED 108, page 9A, line #10, dwelling #185, family #225.
- RootsWeb California Death Records database:
- Contribution from Barb Roberts citing:
1880 census, Sterling Township, Rice County, Kansas.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Berkeley, Alameda County, California; roll T626-110, ED 285, page 5A, line #24, dwelling #118, family #124.
- 1940 census, Berkeley, Alameda County, California; roll T627-188, ED 1-107, page 3A, line #9, household #56.
- Marion County, Oregon, Marriage Records, 1849-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T9-0382, ED 239, page 507C, line #38, dwelling #63, family #68.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Berkeley, Alameda County, California; roll T626-110, ED 285, page 5A, line #26, dwelling #118, family #124A.
- Earlham College Library; "American Friend Obituary Index":
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]