Jonathan Weaver Dixon Hinshaw
1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1811-1863) m Asenath Hodgin (1809-1878)
10.......... Rev. William Lawrence Hinshaw (1843-1924) m Ruth Peacock (1841-1897)
11........... Jonathan Weaver Dixon Hinshaw (1874-1959)
+Edith Blanch Mood (1877-1910)
+Elizabeth Armstrong Love (c1891-1954)
12............ Kenneth Lawrence Hinshaw (1915-1982) 1,2
Jonathan Weaver Dixon Hinshaw [ID 04368]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Jonathan Weaver Dixon Hinshaw3,4 [Jonathon Dixon Hinshaw5, Jonathan Dixon Hinshaw6, Doc Hinshaw3].
Born Jul 30 1874, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
He married Edith Blanch Mood, Jun 25 1902, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.3,5 Edith, daughter of Jacob Chipman Mood & Almira Pearl Butler, was born Apr 8 1877, Pleasant Lake, Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia, Canada.5,8,9 Jonathan and Edith were married by Jonathan's father, Rev. William Lawrence Hinshaw5
No children by the first marriage.8
Edith died Apr 30 1910, Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado; buried Dec 25 1910, Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.8,10
Jonathan was listed in the 1911 city directory of Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado:11
Hinshaw J D, physician, Record.
He then married Elizabeth Armstrong Love, Feb 1 1911, Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado.3,12 Elizabeth was born about 18912 [about 18951], Illinois2.
Jonathan registered for the World War I draft in Custer County, Colorado. He declared he was born Jul 30 1874.6,13
Jonathan and family were shown in the 1920 census, 116 North 7th St., Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado:2
Hinshaw, Johnathan D., head-of-household, age 46, born in Kansas; parents born in United States; owned home; occupation: physician, general practice.
Hinshaw, Elizabeth, wife, age 29, born in Illinois; father born in England; mother born in Scotland.
, son, age 4 years 11 months, born in Colorado; father born in Kansas; mother born in Illinois.
Jonathan and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), 116 North Seventh St., Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado:1
Hinshaw, Johnathan, head-of-household, age 54, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 27; owned home ($5000 value); radio in home; occupation: physician, general practice; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Elizabeth, wife, age 35, born in Illinois; father born in United States; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 17.
, son, age 15, born in Colorado; father born in Kansas; mother born in Illinois; attended school.
Elizabeth died 1954, buried Mar 16 1954, Section 31 Block 13 Lot 3 Grave 2, Lakeside Cemetery, 1525 South 9th St., Caņon City, Fremont County, Colorado.14
Jonathan Weaver Dixon Hinshaw died 1959, Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado; buried Aug 21 1959, Section 31 Block 13 Lot 3 Grave 3, Lakeside Cemetery, 1525 South 9th St., Caņon City, Fremont County, Colorado.3,15
- 1930 census, Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado; roll T626-241, ED 5, page 1A, line #12, dwelling #5, family #5.
- 1920 census, Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado; roll T625-164, ED 55, page 13A, line #12, dwelling #5, family #5.
- Family group sheets contributed by William Urvin Hinshaw Jr.
- 1880 census, Medford Township, Reno County, Kansas; roll T9-0394, ED 287, page 482B, line #17, dwelling #168, family #171.
- Contribution from Barb Roberts citing:
Reno/Rice County, Kansas marriage records.
- "WWI Civilian Draft Registrations"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Sterling, Sterling Township, Rice County, Kansas; roll T623-497, ED 233, page 2B, line #51, dwelling #39, family #39.
- Contribution from Janet Monfort Fenton ().
- 1880 census, Argos Township, Marshall County, Indiana; roll T9-298, ED 110, page 223B, line #8, dwelling #13, family #14.
- Contribution from Diane Smith Battershell ().
- 1911 Colorado Business Directory, Canon City, Fremont County; USGenWeb:
- Colorado, County Marriages and State Indexes, 1862-2006; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "1917 Draft Birth Registrations, Custer Co, Colo"; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sun Dec 18 08:34:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]