1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... John Hinshaw (1828-1902) m Sarah Ann Drake (1837-1872)
10.......... Merilla Evaline Hinshaw (1858-1932)
+William T. Morgan (1835-?)
+James Owen Mundell (1830-1912)
+Earl Martin Hewitt (c1878-?)
Merilla Evaline Hinshaw [ID 00451]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Merilla Evaline Hinshaw1 [Merilla Evelyn Hinshaw2,3, Marilla E. Hinshaw4,5, Eva Hinshaw1].
Merilla was commonly called Eva.1
Born Nov 22 1858, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10
She married William T. Morgan, Jan 14 1874, Livingston County, Illinois.1,2,3,5 William was born Sep 13 1835, Dearborn County, Indiana.2
Children of Merilla & William:
Ora Lee Morgan, born Mar 10 1879.
(implication of more, deceased, children)
Merilla divorced William.2
Merilla and her son were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 3 1880), living with her parents in McLean County, Illinois:7
Morgan, E. Merilla, daughter, age 21, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; married.
Morgan, L. Ory, grandson, age 1, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois.
She then married James Owen Mundell1,4,5,11 [James O. Mandell2,3], Feb 17 18841,4,5,11, McLean County, Illinois1,4,5,11. James, son of James Mundell & Ester Jones, was born May 5 1830, Indiana.1,12,13,14 Merilla was probably introduced to James through a Joseph Mundell,15 who was living next door to Merilla's parents in 1880.16
Children of Merilla & James:1,2
Jesse Worth Mundell, born May 3 1885; died Jul 27 1962; married Victoria -.
Sarah Adelaide "Addie" Mundell, born Aug 7 1887; died Mar 29 1906; married Earl Martin Hewitt, Jan 1 1905 (child: Harland Hewitt).
James Ellison Mundell, born Oct 23 1891; died Oct 11 1974.
Horace Leo Mundell, born Sep 9 1894; died Jul 29 1967.
Merilla was shown in the 1910 census (May 4 1910), living in the household of son Jesse in Lincoln County, Colorado:8
Mundell, Jesse W., head-of-household, age 24, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first marriage, married 3 years; occupation: homesteady, general farm; owned farm (free).
Mundell, Victoria R., wife, age 24, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first marriage, married 3 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Mundell, Leo E., son, age 2, born in Colorado; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri.
Mundell, Roscoe J., son, age 4 months, born in Colorado; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri.
Mundell, Merilla E., mother, age 51, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Illinois; first marriage, married 27 years; 7 children, 4 living; occupation: housekeeper, house.
Mundell, Horace L., brother, age 15, born in Oklahoma; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; attended school.
Hewitt, Harland [..middle initial unclear..], nephew, age 4, born in Missouri; parents born in Illinois.
In 1910 Merilla's son-in-law (and future husband), widower of Merilla's daughter Sarah, was shown (Apr 26 1910) living and working next door to Merilla's brother Ira in Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois:17
Hewitt, Earl M., laborer, age 31, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Illinois; widower; occupation: laborer, farm.
James died May 18 1912, Oklahoma; buried Memory Lane Cemetery, Anadarko, Caddo County, Oklahoma.1,14
She then married Earl Martin Hewitt, Jan 26 1914, Ordway, Crowley County, Colorado.1,18 Earl was born about 1878, Illinois.9,10,19 Merilla's daughter Addie, wife of Earl Hewitt, died in childbirth. Merilla then married Addie's husband (her son-in-law) Earl Hewitt and raised Addie's son, Harland Hewitt.11
Merilla and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 10 1920), Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois:9
Hewitt, Earl M., head-of-household, age 40, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Illinois; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hewitt, Merilla E., wife, age 61, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Illinois.
Hewitt, G. Harley, son, age 13, born in Missouri; parents born in Illinois.
Merilla and Earl were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 22 1930), Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois:10
Hewitt, Earl M., head-of-household, age 52, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 26; rented home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, farm; not a veteran.
Hewitt, Evaline M., wife, age 71, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 16.
Merilla Evaline Hinshaw died Feb 28 1932, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; buried Anchor Cemetery, Anchor, McLean County, Illinois.1,20,21
- Family group sheets and newspaper clippings contributed by Bill Hewitt ().
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- Contribution from Mara Bruce () citing:
McLean County, Illinois marriages, Marriage Card Catalog in the
McLean County Letitia Green Stevenson Genealogical Society Library,
McLean County Historical Society; McLean County book I pg 262.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book F, page 72):
- 1870 census, Polosi P.O., Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 316, line #6, dwelling #131, family #131.
- 1880 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, ED 187, page 657C, line #7, dwelling #21, family #21.
- 1910 census, 10th Precinct, Rush Creek Precinct, Lincoln County, Colorado; roll T624-122, ED 123, page 55A, line #6, dwelling #213, family #216.
- 1920 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-387, ED 85, page 3A, line #1, dwelling #52, family #52.
- 1930 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-535, ED 30, page 5A, line #14, dwelling #107, family #112.
- Contribution from Bill Hewitt ().
- Contribution from Bill Hewitt () citing:
1860 and 1900 censuses; Mundell/Mundle family history.
- Posting Mar 3 1999 by Bill Hewitt () on the Mundell GenForum:
- Burials in Memory Lane Cemetery, Anadarko, Caddo County, Oklahoma; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1880 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, ED 187, page 657C, line #1, dwelling #20, family #20.
- 1910 census, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T624-305, ED 75, page 22A, line #33, dwelling #59, family #59.
- Contribution from Bill Hewitt () citing: marriage certificate.
- 1910 census, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T624-305, ED 75, page 22A, line #33, dwelling #57, family #58.
- Contribution from Bill Hewitt () citing: death certificate.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]