1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Jonathan Seman Henshaw (1773-?) m Elizabeth Stafford
4.... George Henshaw (1795-1882) m Sarah "Sally" Pool (1806-1855)
5..... John Ezekiel Henshaw (1824-1890) m Sarah E. Rowley St. Aubin (1828-1869)
6...... Laura Ellen Henshaw (1859-?)
+George Smith (1857-?)
Laura Ellen Henshaw [ID 05364]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 2 1859, Kentucky.1,2,3,4,5
She married George Smith, about 1882.1,5,6 George was born Mar - 1857, Ohio.5 George was a carpenter from Evansville, Indiana.1,6
Laura and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 11 1900), living and working as a housekeeper in Morganfield, Union County, Kentucky:5
Cromwell, Eugene, head-of-household, age 62, born May 1838 in Kentucky; father born in Virginia; mother born in Kentucky; single.
Smith, Laura E., housekeeper, age 40, born Aug 1859 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married 18 years; 2 children, 2 living; occupation: housekeeper.
Smith, George A., husband, age 43, born Mar 1857 in Ohio; parents born in Germany; married 18 years; occupation: carpenter.
Smith, Walter E., son, age 16, born Jan 1884 in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
Smith, Sarah M., daughter, age 12, born Jan 1888 in Kentucky; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
, nephew, age 8, born Sep 1891 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky.
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- 1860 census, Union County, Kentucky; roll M653-398, page 66, line #7, dwelling #516, family #516.
- 1870 census, Raleigh P.O., Raleigh Precinct, Union County, Kentucky; roll M593-501, page 360, line #4, dwelling #108, family #108.
- 1880 census, Raleigh District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-444, ED 33, page 582A, line #31, family #208.
- 1900 census, Magisterial District 1, Morganfield, Union County, Kentucky; ED 76, page 41B, line #65, dwelling #236, family #242.
- Contribution from Patricia M. Gibson () citing:
"The History Of Union County", by Charles O'Malley, published 1886.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]