1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. William Henshaw (1767-1822) m Jerusha Brace (?-1822)
3... John Brace Henshaw (1803-1875) m Cynthia Henshaw (1807-?)
4.... Oscar Freeman Henshaw (1826-1907)
+Clara Brown (1832-1899)
5..... Anna M. Henshaw (1853-1936) 1,2
5..... Annetta Henshaw 3,4
5..... Beattie J. Henshaw 3,4
5..... Hattie E. Henshaw 3,4
5..... Henry C. Henshaw 3,4
5..... Hoyt B. Henshaw 3,4
5..... Horace S. Henshaw (1859-1917) 5
5..... Effa Laura Henshaw (1870-?) 3,4,5
5..... Eva May Henshaw (1870-?) 3,4,5
Oscar Freeman Henshaw [ID 06126]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 24 1826, New York.1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
He married Clara Brown.1 Clara was born Jan 28 1832, New York.4,5,6,7,8,10,11
Oscar and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 5 1860), Taylor County, Iowa:2
Oscar Henshaw, age 34, born in New York; farmer; $1000 real estate; $300 personal property
Clara Henshaw, age 38, born in New York.
Cly... [unclear] Brown [unclear], male, age 22, born in New York; day laborer.
Living nearby in 1860 were Oscar's parents and siblings.12
Oscar and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 22 1870), Page County, Iowa:5
Henshaw, Oscar F., age 44, born in New York; farmer; $2000 real estate; $500 personal property
Henshaw, Clara, age 38, born in New York; keeping house.
Oscar and Clara were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 16 1880), Clarinda, Page County, Iowa:10
Henshaw, Oscar, age 54, born in New York; parents born in New York; occupation: postcard painting.
Henshaw, Clara, wife, age 48, born in New York; parents born in New York; keeping house.
Living nearby in 1880 was the family of brother Edwin.13
Oscar and Clara were shown in the 1885 Iowa State Census, 5th Street and North Prominade Street, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa:11
Oscar F. Henshaw, age 58, born in New York.
Clara M. Henshaw, age 53, born in New York.
Listed at the same location (address), but enumerated on a different census page, was the family of son Horace.14 Also living in Clarinda in 1885 was the family of brother Edwin.15
On Aug 27 1889 (application filed Apr 24 1889) Oscar F. Henshaw, John W. Puterbaugh, Asher A. Brower and Salmon Warren Hurlbut, all residents of Clarinda, Page County, Iowa, were issued Letters Patent number 409,966 for a "new and useful Carpet-Stretcher".16
Clara died Aug 6 1899, buried Clarinda Cemetery, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa.4,6,7,8
Widow Oscar was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12 1900), Clarinda, Page County, Iowa:17
Boyer, G.A., head-of-household, age 27, born Nov 1872 in Illinois; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Illinois; married 7 years; barber.
Boyer, Ella, wife, age 28 [unclear], born Dec 1872 [unclear] in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in New York; married 7 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Boyer, Rubie, daughter, age 3, born July 1896 in Nebraska; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Henshaw, O.F., father-in-law, age 74, born April 1826 in New York; parents born in New York; widower; retired hotel keeper.
Oscar Freeman Henshaw died Nov 25 1907, buried Clarinda Cemetery, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa.4,6,7,8
There is an unidentified child Edwin Henshaw (May 1 1872 - Jun 21 1874) buried in the same Clarinda Cemetery.4,7,8 This might be an additional child of Oscar & Clara,18 or possibly a child of Oscar's brother Edwin.18
Photo: Oscar Freeman Henshaw & Clara Brown gravestone Clarinda Cemetery
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- 1860 census, Nodaway Township, Taylor County, Iowa; page 54, line #14, dwelling #378, family #375.
- Page County, Iowa cemetery burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1870 census, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page 477, line #23, dwelling #274, family #276.
- Iowa Cemetery Records. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
- WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 88, line #10, dwelling #1348, family #1362.
- 1880 census, Clarinda, Page County, Iowa; roll T9-0359, ED 154, page 445D, line #27, family #423.
- 1885 Iowa State Census, 2nd Ward, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page #224, line #29, dwelling #94, family #94.
- 1860 census, Nodaway Township, Taylor County, Iowa; page 55, line #18, dwelling #386, family #383.
- 1880 census, Clarinda, Page County, Iowa; roll T9-0359, ED 154, page 443D, line #6, family #404.
- 1885 Iowa State Census, 2nd Ward, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page #213, line #14, dwelling #13, family #13.
- 1885 Iowa State Census, 1st Ward, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page #198, line #17, dwelling #191, family #180.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patents, 1790-1909; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; ED 95, page 202A, line #17, dwelling #318, family #318.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]