1. Benjamin Hinshaw (1795-1849) m Sarah A. Vestal (c1792-?)
2.. Nathan Hinshaw (1827-1876) m Mary Green Sloan (1832-1907)
3... Martha Ann Hinshaw (1856-1928)
+Thomas Jackson Holcomb (1848-1911)
Martha Ann Hinshaw [ID 00650]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Martha Ann Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Martha A. Hinchaw5].
Born Jan 10 1856, Cass County, Missouri.1,3,6,7,8
She married Thomas Jackson Holcomb1,4,5,9,10 [Thomas J. Halcomb5], Nov 4 18691,4,5,9,10, Cass County, Missouri1,4,5,9,10. Thomas was born Mar 6 1848.8
Note that Martha was thirteen years old when she was married. Note also that Martha's brother Thomas married a Martha Ann Holcomb (relationship unknown, but probably a sister).
Mary K. Holcomb, born 1871, married Frank B. Newton, 1889.
Thomas W. Holcomb, born Feb 1 1875, Missouri; married Stella Doyle, 1902; died Oct 26 1964, Orange County, California.
Theophilis N. "Ollie" Holcomb, born Oct 18 1878 (1877); died May 5 1974, buried Plevna Cemetery; married Jessie E. --.
Luther Holcomb, born 1879; married Dollie Seward.
Henry D. Holcomb, born 1884 (1882); died 1924, buried Plevna Cemetery.
Clarence Oscar Holcomb, born Jan 20 1888, Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri.
Martha and Thomas were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 2 1870), Pleasant Hill, Cass County, Missouri:14
Holcomb, Thomas J., age 22, born in Missouri; farmer; $480 real estate; $400 personal property.
Holcomb, Martha, age 14, born in Missouri; keeping house.
Living next door on one side in 1870 was brother Thomas Hinshaw;15 living next door on the other side was the household of Martha's parents.16
Martha and Thomas were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 14 1880), Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri:17
Holcomb, Thomas, age 32, born in Missouri; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Holcomb, Martha, wife, age 24, born in Missouri; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Missouri; keeping house.
Holcomb, Mary K., daughter, age 9, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; attended school.
Holcomb, Thomas W., son, age 5, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
Holcomb, Nathan T., son, age 2, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
Cook, William, age 50, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Cook, Minnie [unclear], wife, age 37, born in Missouri; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Illinois; keeping house.
Cook, Susan, daughter, age 7, born in Missouri; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
Martha and Thomas settled on a farm south of Plevna, Reno County, Kansas.11
Thomas died Feb 17 1911, buried Plevna Cemetery, Plevna, Reno County, Kansas.8
Martha and children were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), Plevna, Reno County, Kansas:18
Holcomb, Ollie, head-of-household, age [..unclear..], born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; owned home; farmer.
Holcomb, Jesse, wife, age [..unclear..], born in Kansas; parents born in Missouri.
Holcomb, Martha, mother, age 64, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; widow.
Holcomb, Henry, brother, age 38, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; single; farm laborer.
Martha Ann Hinshaw died Mar 22 1928, Plevna, Reno County, Kansas; buried Plevna Cemetery, Plevna, Reno County, Kansas.3,6,8,11
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "The History of the Hinshaws", a 1995 manuscript by Dale Nathan Hinshaw.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- Birth record for Clarence Oscar Holcomb; Missouri State Archives:
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Missouri.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1860 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Big Creek Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 883, line #34, dwelling #1298, family #1298.
- Plevna Cemetery burials; Kansas State Library and Archives:
- Contribution from Frank Machala Hinshaw citing:
Cass County, Missouri: Marriage Book C (1866-1870).
- "Missouri, 1851-1900 Marriage Index".
- Contribution from Dale Nathan Hinshaw.
- Dale Hinshaw McMasters database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/m/c/m/Dale-H-Mcmasters.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1870 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 680B, line #39, dwelling #47, family #44.
- 1870 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 680B, line #37, dwelling #46, family #43.
- 1870 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 681A, line #1, dwelling #48, family #45.
- 1880 census, Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri; roll T9-0680, ED 93, page 240C, line #41, dwelling #174, family #184.
- 1920 census, Plevna, Reno County, Kansas; roll T625-546, ED 189, page 1B, line #60, dwelling #13, family #13.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]