1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... Ezra Hinshaw (1753-1836) m Ruth Marshill (1759-1857) 8........ William Hinshaw (1779-1869) m Lorohame Beeson (1786-1839) 9......... James E. Hinshaw (1803-1889) +Martha Julian (1809-1881) 10.......... Maban Hinshaw (1830-1900) 10.......... Delana Hinshaw (1832-1890) 10.......... Derinda Hinshaw (1834-1908) 10.......... Evalina Hinshaw (1836-1914) 10.......... Julian Hinshaw (1838-1839) 10.......... Isaac Gaston Hinshaw (1840-1924) 10.......... Safronia Jane Hinshaw (1843-?) 10.......... William Bohan Hinshaw (1846-1916) 10.......... Martha Lorahama Hinshaw (1846-1927) 10.......... James Rennie Hinshaw (1853-1927)
|James E. Hinshaw     [ID 00807]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(James E. Hinshaw)44    (James H. Hinshaw)44
Born Jun 10 1803, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,44,93,a,b,c,d
James owned a large tract of land on Polecat Creek; he also owned a sawmill, with which he milled the lumber for his two-story house.205    According to the family bible later in the possession of Mrs. Shelton Lineberry (Pleasant Garden, NC), James "was the athletic type, blue eyes & yellow curly hair".205
He married Martha Julian, 9-30-1829, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,36,44,93    (Patsey Julian)44,36    Martha, daughter of William/Bohan Julian & Mary/Jane White, was born 11-9-1809, North Carolina.2,127,205,a,b,c
A marriage bond was recorded for James Hinshaw & Patsey Julian on Sep 30, 1829, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
About two years after their marriage, James was gored by a cow or ox and remained injured with walking difficulty the rest of his life.205
James and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:a
Martha died Jul 11 1881, Marlborough MM, North Carolina; buried New Salem United Methodist Church, Randleman, North Carolina.2,127,205
James E. Hinshaw died Sep 1 1889, Marlborough MM, North Carolina; buried New Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, New Salem, North Carolina.2,93,127,205,d
Photo: James E. Hinshaw gravestone New Salem Cemetery d
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 246, dwelling #1229.
(b) 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 433, line #3, dwelling #90, family #88.
(c) 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 211, page 32A, line #17, dwelling #39, family #42.
(d) Gravestone photo courtesy of Richard Alan Wood.
(e) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 246, dwelling #1230.
(f) 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 330, line #37, dwelling #1557, family #1557.
(g) 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 211, page 32A, line #14, dwelling #38, family #41.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]