1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Ezra Hinshaw (1753-1836) m Ruth Marshill (1759-1857)
8........ William Hinshaw (1779-1869) m Lorohame Beeson (1786-1839)
9......... James E. Hinshaw (1803-1889)
+Martha Julian (1809-1881)
10.......... Maban Hinshaw (1830-1900) 1,2,3,4,5,6
10.......... Delana Hinshaw (1832-1890) 2,3,4,5,6
10.......... Derinda Hinshaw (1834-1908) 2,3,4,5,7,8,9
10.......... Evalina Hinshaw (1836-1914) 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
10.......... Julian Hinshaw (1838-1839) 2,3
10.......... Isaac Gaston Hinshaw (1840-1924) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10
10.......... Safronia Jane Hinshaw (1843-?) 2,3,4,5
10.......... William Bohan Hinshaw (1846-1916) 1,2,3,4,6,7,8
10.......... Martha Lorahama Hinshaw (1846-1927) 2,3,4,5,6,7,8
10.......... James Rennie Hinshaw (1853-1927) 2,3,5,6,7,8
James E. Hinshaw [ID 00807]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
James E. Hinshaw5 [James H. Hinshaw5].
Born Jun 10 1803, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,4,5,8,9,11,12
James owned a large tract of land on Polecat Creek; he also owned a sawmill, with which he milled the lumber for his two-story house.3 According to the family bible later in the possession of Mrs. Shelton Lineberry (Pleasant Garden, NC), James "was the athletic type, blue eyes & yellow curly hair".3
He married Martha Julian1,5,11,13 [Patsey Julian5,13], 9-30-18291,5,11,13, Randolph County, North Carolina1,5,11,13. Martha, daughter of William/Bohan Julian & Mary/Jane White, was born 11-9-1809, North Carolina.1,3,4,6,8,9
A marriage bond was recorded for James Hinshaw & Patsey Julian on Sep 30, 1829, Randolph County, North Carolina.13
About two years after their marriage, James was gored by a cow or ox and remained injured with walking difficulty the rest of his life.3
James and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:4
James Hinshaw, age 47, born in North Carolina; farmer.
Martha Hinshaw, age 40, born in North Carolina.
In the 1850 census the family continues with the house next door (it appears that they owned two neighboring houses):14
, age 10, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Levi Bea... [unclear], age 70, born in North Carolina; "Idiot".
James and family were shown in the 1860 census (Oct 18 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:7
James Hinshaw, age 57, born in North Carolina; farmer; $1000 real estate; $1650 personal property.
Martha Hinshaw, age 51; domestic.
James and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 10 1870), New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:8
Hinshaw, James, age 66, born in North Carolina; farmer; $500 real estate; $1307 personal property.
Hinshaw, Martha, age 61, born in North Carolina; keeping house.
James and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:9
Hinshaw, James, age 76, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hinshaw, Martha, age 61, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; crippled.
, daughter, age 45, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; keeping house.
Evelina HinshawLiving next door in 1880 was the family of son Rennie.15
, age 44, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single.
Martha died Jul 11 1881, Marlborough MM, North Carolina; buried New Salem United Methodist Church, Randleman, North Carolina.1,3,6
James E. Hinshaw died Sep 1 1889, Marlborough MM, North Carolina; buried New Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, New Salem, North Carolina.1,3,6,11,12
Photo: James E. Hinshaw gravestone New Salem Cemetery
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 246, dwelling #1229.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 330, line #37, dwelling #1557, family #1557.
- 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 433, line #3, dwelling #90, family #88.
- 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 211, page 32A, line #17, dwelling #39, family #42.
- "The Genealogical Journal", Randolph County [NC] Genealogical Society, Vol VI, Number 1, Winter 1982.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- Gravestone photo courtesy of Richard Alan Wood.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 246, dwelling #1230.
- 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 211, page 32A, line #14, dwelling #38, family #41.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]