1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Mary Hinshaw +Jacob Haddock
|Mary Hinshaw     [ID 00917]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
She married Jacob Haddock, 7-29-1742, Grange MM, Northern Ireland.29,212    (Jacob Haydock)10    Jacob, son of John Haydock & Rebecca Whitfield.a
Jacob Haydock, of Cabragh, County Tyrone, son of John Haydock, of Stangmore, same county, descended from the Haydocks of Lancashire.10
Mary & Jacob had seven children:10
However, in a letter dated 20 January 1769 William Hinshaw #34 said "let Jacob Haddock and Joseph Haddock know their two brothers and families is well, to wit Jacob Henshaw and William".
William's use of the word "brother" was not always exact, often using "brother" to mean "brother-in-law" or even simply "friend", so there is some uncertainty.    But this wording in William's letter seems to indicate that Mary Hinshaw, as well as Margaret Hinshaw #7569, were sisters of Jacob Hinshaw and William Hinshaw, thus Mary and Margaret are thought to have been daughters of Thomas Hinshaw & Mary Marshall.b
10. Myers, Albert Cook. "Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania", Swarthmore, PA: 1902; GR929.3748 M99 in a local library.
29. "Society of Friends Register Transcripts - Grange Monthly Meeting", microfilm number 0571396 in the LDS Family History Library.
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
43. A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
185. "History and Genealogy of the Hinshaw Family", compiled by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw, 1967; with considerable content from William Perry Johnson, a noted genealogist hired by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw. Contributed by Bob Mount ()
212. Grange Monthly Meeting, Births, Marriages, Deaths; Religious Society of Friends in Ireland (Yearly Meeting), Dublin; microfilm number 571396 (items 5-7) in the LDS Family History Library
(a) The Haydock database: http://www2.palladiumnet.com/FamilyGathering/WebPages/mikehaydock.
(b) Deductive conclusion.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]