1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) +Mary Courtney 7....... William Hinshaw 7....... John Hinshaw (1755-?)
|William Hinshaw     [ID 00065]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Jun 1 1715, Northern Ireland.141
He married Mary Courtney, 2-1-1742, Meeting House near Ballinderry, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.3,39,105,175,a
William was from Grange, Parish of Clanfekil, County Tyrone, and Mary was from Ballymaconn, Parish Mackerallin, County Down.39,105    Their marriage certificate was signed by Margaret Hinshaw39 and Toby and Sam Courtney [Toby was the father of Sarah].105
William & Mary apparently emigrated to North Carolina sometime c1755, first settling within the bounds of the Pasquotank Monthly Meeting, later moving to the Cane Creek Monthly Meeting.    Entries in the Pasquotank MM records show that on 6-4-1761 William Hinshaw produced a certificate from Charlemont, North Ireland, dated 8-10-1755; On 4-7-1763 William Hinshaw requested a certificate to Cane Creek MM.2
The Cane Creek MM records show that on 6-4-1763 William Hinshaw was received on a certificate from Pasquotank MM.2
William Hinshaw died 4-1-1803, near Cane Creek, Randolph County, North Carolina; aged 88 years 10 mos.2,141,175,217
Photo: William Hinshaw death record Cane Creek MM Records 217
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
39. Manuscript titled "Thomas Hinshaw 'The Little Irish Weaver' And Others" by John E. Hinshaw, Urban-Side-On-The-East, Emporia, Kansas, 1911.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
141. Family group sheets contributed by Thornton Neal Hinshaw
175. Family group sheets contributed by Hugh Malcolm Hinshaw
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: Grange MM Hinshaw notes
from George Chapman of Grange, in the family papers of Seth B. Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]