1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney 7....... John Hinshaw (1755-?) +Mary Martin (1763-?) 8........ Thomas Hinshaw (1784-?) 8........ George Hinshaw (1786-<1850) 8........ William Hinshaw (1788-?) 8........ John Hinshaw (1792-?) 8........ Mary Hinshaw (1793-?) 8........ Joshua Hinshaw (c1798->1880) 8........ Anna Hinshaw (c1805-1861)
|John Hinshaw     [ID 00053]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 3-10-1755, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.2,3
He married Mary Martin, 2-14-1781, Rocky River Meeting House, North Carolina.2,43,44,217    Mary Martin, daughter of George Martin & Sarah Dixon, was born 3-7-1763, Orange County, North Carolina.2,43
Mary was the sister of Rachel Martin, who married John's brother William ten months later.2,43
Three Martin sisters married Hinshaws:
At Deep Creek MM, on 10-4-1794, John & sons, Thomas & George, were received on a certificate from Cane Creek MM, dated 1-5-1788.    On 11-1-1794, Mary & daughter Mary were received on a certificate from Cane Creek MM, dated 1-5-1788.2
On 5-2-1795, John, Mary & family were granted certificates to New Hope MM, "on Western Waters".2
At the Newhope MM, on 8-29-1795, John & children, George, William, & John, were received on a certificate from Deep River MM, dated 5-2-1795.2
John's will was recorded in Grainger County Tennessee in 1829:109
"In the Name of God Amen.
I John Hinshaw of the County of Grainger and State of Tennessee being weak of boddy but Sound Mind and Memory, Calling to mind there fore the uncertainty of Human life and being desireous to dispose of all such Worldly Substance as it hath pleased God to bless me With; I give and bequeath the Same in the following manner that is to Say;
First I give and bequeath to My Wife Mary the tract of Land where on I now live during her natural life and at the end of her Natural life I bequeath the same Land to My Daughter Ann.
Secondly I give and bequeath all my household furniture to My Wife Mary to dispose of as she may think fit.
Thirdly I give and bequeath to my three children George John and Mary one Dollar to each in addition to what they have allready received of my estate.
Fourthly I give and bequeath to my Son Joshua all the stock of cattle hogs & C. all accept one Cow which I give to my Wife Mary.
Fifthly and Lastly My daughter Anna to pay to My Son George fifteen dollars which I owe him and I do here by Constitute and appoint Mahlon Pearson and James Whitlock Executors of this My Last Will and Testament hereby revoking all other or former Wills or Testament by me here to fore Made.
In Witness where of I have here unto Set my hand and Seal this twentieth day of May in the year of our Lord 1829.
John Hinshaw (Seal)
Signed Sealed and delivered in the presents of
Joshua X Hinshaw
Photo: Marriage certificate record for John Hinshaw & Mary Martin Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
43. A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
109. "Grainger County [Tennessee] Loose Wills" (W.P.A. transcription), in the Tennessee State Library/Archives. Contributed by Robert Worley.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]