1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney 7....... William Hinshaw +Rachel Martin (1758-1849) 8........ Ann Hinshaw 8........ Margaret Hinshaw 8........ Rabacha Hinshaw 8........ Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1784-?) 8........ Mary Hinshaw 8........ William Hinshaw 8........ Adam Hinshaw (1789-?) 8........ Sarah Hinshaw (c1791-?) 8........ Jesse Hinshaw (1801-1888)
|William Hinshaw     [ID 00763]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
This is the (then unknown) William Hinshaw mentioned in the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families"1 (page 58) who was born in Ireland, 17--, and came to Guilford County, N.C. when a child.
He married Rachel Martin, 12-19-1781, Rocky River Meeting House, North Carolina.2,43,44,79,217,1    (Rachel Mortain)1    Rachel Martin, daughter of George Martin & Sarah Dixon, was born Dec 23 1758, Orange County, North Carolina.2,43
Three Martin sisters married Hinshaws:
At the Deep Creek MM on 12-4-1802, William, Rachel, and children Adam, Jesse, Mary Sarah Ann [sic] (Margaret, Sarah, Anna ??), Rabacha [sic] & Elizabeth were received on certificates from Center MM dated 8-21-1802.2
At the Deep Creek MM on 12-5-1807, William, Rachel, and family were granted certificates to Lost Creek MM, Jefferson County, Tenn.2
At Lost Creek MM on 7-28-1810, William, Rachel, and children Adam, Jesse, Ann, Rebekah, Elizabeth, & Margaret were received on certificates from Deep River [sic] MM, dated 12-5-1807.2
At Lost Creek MM on 3-25-1815, William, Rachel, and family were granted certificates to Center MM.2
Rachel Martin died May 17 1849.    At Center MM on 3-17-1849, Rachel's death was reported.2
William died in North Carolina.1
Photo: Marriage certificate record for William Hinshaw & Rachel Martin Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
43. A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
79. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized International Genealogical Index (IGI).
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]