1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806) 7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795) 8........ Benjamin H. Hinshaw (1782-1866) m Annas Bowman (1790-1865) 9......... Seth Hinshaw (1818-1906) m Sarah Gregg (1819-1882) 10.......... Asael Gregg Hinshaw (1839-1892) +Mary Jane Wright (1842-1911) 11........... Penn Sylvania Hinshaw (1862-1931) 11........... Flora May Hinshaw (1864-1941) 11........... Lillie Maude Hinshaw (1866-1926) 11........... Bert Wright Hinshaw (1868-1953) 11........... Benjamin Hinshaw (1872-1872) 11........... Effie Ann Hinshaw (1874-1959) 11........... Grace Gertrude Hinshaw (1877-1967) 11........... (stillborn son) Hinshaw (1881-1881)
|Asael Gregg Hinshaw     [ID 00974]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Asael Gregg Hinshaw)30,a    (Asahel G. Hinshaw)51,b    (Asabel Hinshaw)51
Born 4-11-1839, Duck Creek MM, Indiana.30,51,b,191,205,c,d,e
The LDS IGI (an LDS member submission) shows a sister Isabel born on the same date as Asael (Asahel/Asabel).    The LDS IGI is the only reference to this Isabel.    She is not shown in the Quaker records.    So, either Isabel and Asael were twins, or these really are the same person (which is most likely).
Asael was shown in the 1860 census (Aug 15 1860), living in the household of sister Teresa in Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana:c
At Duck Creek MM on 11-22-1861, Asahel was complained of for neglected attendence of meeting and disowned 1-24-1861 (1862?).51
Asael and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 21 1870), Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana:d
Mary Jane remarried to Henderson Pearson, Oct 6 1894, Henry County, Indiana.g    Henderson had been previously married Apr 30 1885 to Sarah J. Harden.g
Mary Jane and Henderson were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), Kennard, Henry County, Indiana:h
Mary Jane and Henderson were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 22 1910), Henry County, Indiana:i
Henderson Pearson died Dec 19 1913, Kennard, Henry County, Indiana.l
Photo: Mary Jane Wright m
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
51. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 4, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 4,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
(b) Seth Hinshaw family bible, from "Hinshaw Family Bible Records",
LDS microfilm 1906029, Item 1.
(c) 1860 census, Greensboro, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 445, line #40, dwelling #1663, family #9.
(d) 1870 census, Millville P.O., Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M593-323, page 98, line #10, dwelling #284, family #298.
(e) 1880 census, Bedford, Taylor County, Iowa; ED 217, page 117A, line #17, dwelling #218, family #230.
(f) Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 4,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-2, page 484.
(g) Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
(h) 1900 census, Kennard Corporation, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 61, page 4B, line #99, dwelling #100, family #104.
(i) 1910 census, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 81, page 11A, line #34.
(j) Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
(k) 1900 census, Kennard Corporation, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 61, page 4B, line #96, dwelling #99, family #103.
(l) Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
(m) Photo courtesy of Abby Mabry ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]