+-- Jesse Hinshaw | 1720-1797 +-- Jesse Hinshaw ------+ | 1770-1846 | | +-- Abigail Marshall | 1724-1806 Rebecca Hinshaw ------+ B: 1809 | +-- Benjamin Hinshaw D: 1891 | | +-- Elizabeth Hinshaw --+ 1780-1823 | +-- Elisabeth Hinshaw M: Lorenzo O. Hinshaw M: William Wisner
|Rebecca Hinshaw     [ID 00102]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Rebecca Hinshaw)43,217    (Rebekah Hinshaw)2
Born 4-6-1809, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,2,28,43,183,217,a,b,c
At Cane Creek MM on 10-3-1812, Rebekah & her sister Mary were "received by request".2
She married Lorenzo O. Hinshaw, about 1833.28,43    Lorenzo O. Hinshaw was born Feb 18 1812, North Carolina.d,43,a
Rebecca and Lorenzo and family were shown in the 1850 census, Chatham County, North Carolina:a
Lorenzo O. Hinshaw died Feb 21 1857, buried Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina.43,d,f,43
Widow Rebecca and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 18 1860), Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:b
She then married William Wisner, Nov 16 1861, Wayne County, Indiana.h,i    (William Weisner)129    (William Weesner)183,c    William, son of Micajah Weesner & Abigail Hinshaw, was born Aug 1 1791.183,c    Rebecca and William were first cousins.
William had been previously married to Rachel Moon, Aug 1 1812, by whom he had three children, Josiah (1813), Jabin (1830) and John (1838).c
No children by this marriage.183
Rebecca and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 27 1870), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:j
Rebecca and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 9 1880), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:l
William died Apr 15 1882, age 90y 8m 15d; buried West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana.183,205,c
Rebecca Hinshaw died Dec 25 1891, buried West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana.183,205,c
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
43. A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
129. "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3, by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) 1850 census, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina, roll 624, pg 383, family #481.
(b) 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana, roll M653-308, page 353, line #36, dwelling #1564, family #1564.
(d) Contribution from David W. Chamness () citing: gravestone.
(e) 1850 census, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina, roll 624, pg 383, family #477.
(f) Contribution from Ray Parker ().
(g) 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana, roll M653-308, page 353, line #33, dwelling #1563, family #1563.
(h) "Index to Marriage Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1860-1920 Volume III",
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1941; book C-H, pg 216.
(i) Wayne County, Indiana Marriage Licence Database:
(j) 1870 census, Monrovia P.O., Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana, roll M593-346, page 477, line #20, dwelling #113, family #109.
(k) 1870 census, Monrovia P.O., Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana, roll M593-346, page 477, line #23, dwelling #114, family #110.
(l) 1880 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana, roll T9-0301, ED 263, page 44D, line #48, dwelling #192, family #193.
(m) 1880 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana, roll T9-0301, ED 263, page 44D, line #44, dwelling #191, family #192.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]