+-- William Hinshaw | ?-1699 +-- John Hinshaw -------+ | c1660->1768 | | +-- Elizabeth - | Jesse Hinshaw ------+ B: 1720 | D: 1797 | +-- Elizabeth Belshaw M: Abigail Marshall +-- John Hinshaw, 1747-1800 +-- Benjamin Hinshaw, 1749-1779 +-- Joseph Hinshaw, 1752-1822 +-- William Hinshaw, 1757-? +-- Ruth Hinshaw, 1763-1803 +-- Abigail Hinshaw, 1766-1809 +-- Jesse Hinshaw, 1770-1846
|Jesse Hinshaw     [ID 00054]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born Nov 25 1720, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,3,10,30
He married Abigail Marshall, 11-1-1745, Grange MM, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,2,3,10,28,29,39,212    Abigail Marshall, daughter of Benjamin Marshall & Ruth Bell, was born in 1724, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,2,10,28,29,39,a
According to the Marriage Book of Ulster Quarterly Meeting, Jesse was from Dunsdead, Parish of Clanfeakill, County Tyrone, and Abigail was from Grange, County Tyrone.10    Jesse was from Dundead, parish of Clonfeacle, County Tyrone, and Abigail was from Grange, parish of Clonfeacle, County Tyrone.    Their marriage certificate was witnessed by John Hinshaw.105
Jesse and Abigail emigrated to North Carolina in 1768.1    An entry in the Grange MM minutes records on 2-5-1768 shows:41
"William Henshaw signified to this meeting that he and his brother Jess, with their families intend to remove from this to America and desire our certificate. Thomas Dawson and Jas Pillar are desired to make the needful enquiry concerning them and return acct. how thay find things to next preparative meeting which is appointed to be held the 26th of 2nd mo."On 2-26-1768, a similar entry in the minutes for Jesse's cousin Absolem was recorded:41
"Absolem Hinshaw acquainted this meeting that he intends removing with his wife and family to America and desires our certificate of removal, and this meeting being informed that Alice Hinshaw also intends removing to America and desires our certificate, this meeting therefore desires Thomas Dawson and Jas Pillar together with Jas Morton and Jonas Shaw to make enquiries concerning the above mentioned Friends and bring the same to the next meeting for approbation."An entry on 3-11-1768 shows:41
"Certificates being drawn for Jess Hinshaw, Absolem Hinshaw and William Hinshaw with their families, also for Alice Hinshaw, the same was signed in this meeting.    Jonah Shaw is desired to record copies of said certificates and deliver the originals to said Friends."The Grange Monthly Meeting has a later entry showing:10
"It Appears that Jesse Hindshaw, Absolem Hindshaw & Willm Hindshaw with their respective families and also Alice Hindshaw removed to America in the year 1768".
Jesse, Abigail, and 2 small children were received at the Cane Creek Meeting (N.C.) on 2-4-1769 on a certificate from Six Weeks Meeting, Grange, Ireland dated 3-20-1768.2,10,28
Jesse Hinshaw died 4-29-1797, buried 4-30-1797, Cane Creek MM, Orange County, North Carolina.1,2,28,217
Abigail Marshall died 3-18-1806, Cane Creek, North Carolina.1,2,28,30,217
See also: Letter from William Hinshaw to Thomas Greer, dated 8 Mo. 8 1784
See also: Jesse Hinshaw last will and testament
Photo: Jesse Hinshaw family birth records Cane Creek MM Records 217
Photo: Jesse Hinshaw family death records Cane Creek MM Records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
10. Myers, Albert Cook. "Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania", Swarthmore, PA: 1902; GR929.3748 M99 in a local library.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
29. "Society of Friends Register Transcripts - Grange Monthly Meeting", microfilm number 0571396 in the LDS Family History Library.
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
39. Manuscript titled "Thomas Hinshaw 'The Little Irish Weaver' And Others" by John E. Hinshaw, Urban-Side-On-The-East, Emporia, Kansas, 1911.
41. A letter written July 5, 1941 by William Wade Hinshaw to Winford C. Hinshaw describing Hinshaw ancestry - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
212. Grange Monthly Meeting, Births, Marriages, Deaths; Religious Society of Friends in Ireland (Yearly Meeting), Dublin; microfilm number 571396 (items 5-7) in the LDS Family History Library
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]