1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... Jesse Hinshaw (1770-1846) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (1780-1823)
8........ Rebecca Hinshaw (1809-1891)
+Lorenzo O. Hinshaw (1812-1857)
+William Wisner (1791-1882)
Rebecca Hinshaw [ID 00102]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Rebecca Hinshaw1,2 [Rebekah Hinshaw3].
Born 4-6-1809, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
At Cane Creek MM on 10-3-1812, Rebekah & her sister Mary were "received by request".3
She married Lorenzo O. Hinshaw, about 1833.1,5 Lorenzo O. Hinshaw was born Feb 18 1812, North Carolina.1,7,10
Rebecca and Lorenzo and family were shown in the 1850 census, Chatham County, North Carolina:7
Lorenzo O. [or D.] Hinshaw, age 38, born in North Carolina; farmer.
Rebecca Hinshaw, age 40, born in North Carolina.
Living nearby were brothers John and Ira.11
Lorenzo O. Hinshaw died Feb 21 1857, buried Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina.1,10,12
Widow Rebecca and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 18 1860), Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:8
Rebecca [unclear] Hinshaw, age 51, born in North Carolina; widow; $40 personal property.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of Rebecca's brother Isaac.13
She then married William Wisner14,15 [William Weisner16, William Weesner6,9], Nov 16 186114,15, Wayne County, Indiana14,15. William, son of Micajah Weesner & Abigail Hinshaw, was born Aug 1 1791.6,9 Rebecca and William were first cousins.
William had been previously married to Rachel Moon, Aug 1 1812, by whom he had three children, Josiah (1813), Jabin (1830) and John (1838).9
No children by this marriage.6
Rebecca and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 27 1870), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:17
Weesner, William, age 79, born in North Carolina; farmer; $8800 real estate; $4000 personal property.
Weesner, Rebeca, age 61, born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Henshaw, JesseLiving next door in 1870 was son Barzilla.18
, age 24, born in North Carolina; farm laborer; $500 personal property.
Rebecca and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 9 1880), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:19
Weesner, William, age 88, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; retired farmer.
Weesner, Rebecca, wife, age 71, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hall, William R.
, boarder, age 13, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; works on farm.
Turner, Eliza A., servant, age 25, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; domestic servant.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of Rebecca's son Barzilla.20
William died Apr 15 1882, age 90y 8m 15d.6,9,21
Rebecca Hinshaw died Dec 25 1891, buried West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana.6,9,21
- A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek
Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike,
from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public
Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
- 1850 census, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll 624, pg 383, family #481.
- 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll M653-308, page 353, line #36, dwelling #1564, family #1564.
- Contribution from David W. Chamness () citing: gravestone.
- 1850 census, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll 624, pg 383, family #477.
- Contribution from Ray Parker ().
- 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll M653-308, page 353, line #33, dwelling #1563, family #1563.
- "Index to Marriage Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1860-1920 Volume III",
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1941; book C-H, pg 216.
- Wayne County, Indiana Marriage Licence Database:
- "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3,
by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
- 1870 census, Monrovia P.O., Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M593-346, page 477, line #20, dwelling #113, family #109.
- 1870 census, Monrovia P.O., Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M593-346, page 477, line #23, dwelling #114, family #110.
- 1880 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll T9-0301, ED 263, page 44D, line #48, dwelling #192, family #193.
- 1880 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll T9-0301, ED 263, page 44D, line #44, dwelling #191, family #192.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]