1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... Jesse Hinshaw (1770-1846) m Mary Marshill (1773-1806)
8........ Isaac Hinshaw (1799-1876)
+Winifred - (?-1845)
9......... Luiza Henshaw (c1831-?) 1
9......... William Henshaw (c1833-?) 1
9......... Joseph Henshaw (c1836-?) 1
9......... Martha Henshaw (c1838-?) 1
+Abigail Johnson (1804-1866)
+Mary Sheppard (c1824-?)
Isaac Hinshaw [ID 00098]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 6-2-1799, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6
He married Winifred -, about 1823.2,7
At Cane Creek MM on 7-5-1823, Isaac was disowned for being "married out of unity".2
Winifred died Aug 11 1845, buried Williamsburg (Mt. Zion) Cemetery, near Williamsburg, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana.7
He then married Abigail Johnson7,8,9 [Abigail Macy7], Oct 3 18467,8,9, Wayne County, Indiana7,8,9. Abigail was born 1804, South Carolina.1,5,7 Abigail had previously married Dec 19 1822 to Stephen Johnson, who died in 1839.7
Isaac and family were shown in the 1850 census, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:1
Isaac Henshaw, age 50, born in North Carolina; farmer; $3000 real estate; married within the year [sic].
Abigail Henshaw, age 45, born in South Carolina; married within the year [sic].
Living nearby was Calvin Hinshaw,10 who was probably an additional child.11
Isaac and Abigail were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 18 1860), Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:5
Isaac Hinshaw, age 60, born in North Carolina; farmer; $7000 real estate; $700 personal property.
Abegal Hinshaw, age 55, born in South Carolina.
Elizabeth Sturges, age 12, born in Indiana.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of sister Rebecca.12
Abigail died Aug 22 1866, age 62y 4m 22d.7
He then married Anna Bonde, Apr 13 1867, Wayne County, Indiana.9
He then married Mary Sheppard, Aug 14 1869, Wayne County, Indiana.9,13 Mary was born about 1824, Ohio.6
Isaac and Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 2 1870), Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:6
Hinshaw, Isaac, age 70, born in North Carolina; retired farmer; $8000 real estate; $6000 personal property.
Hinshaw, Mary, age 46, born in Ohio; keeps house.
Sheppard, Eva, age 17, born in Indiana.
Sheppard, George, age 13, born in Indiana.
Sheppard, Nellie, age 6, born in Indiana.
Isaac Hinshaw died Feb 29 1876, age 76y 7m 27d.7
See also: Calvin Hinshaw #2543 who was probably an additional child of Isaac Hinshaw.14
Photo: Isaac Hinshaw gravestone Mt. Zion Cemetery
Photo: Winifred Hinshaw gravestone Mt. Zion Cemetery
Photo: Abigail Macy Johnson Hinshaw gravestone Mt. Zion Cemetery
- 1850 census, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll 180, page 113; dwelling #552.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike,
from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public
Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll M653-308, page 353, line #33, dwelling #1563, family #1563.
- 1870 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll M593-370, page 361, line #22, dwelling #16, family #16.
- "Tombstone Inscriptions in Wayne County, Indiana", Volume IV;
Beverly Yount; Fort Wayne (Indiana) Public Library, 1970.
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- Wayne County, Indiana, marriage records database:
- 1850 census, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll 180, page 110; dwelling #500.
- 1860 census, Williamsburgh P.O., Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll M653-308, page 353, line #36, dwelling #1564, family #1564.
- "Index to Marriage Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1860-1920 Volume II",
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1941; book C-J, pg 326.
- Photo courtesy of Jackie L. Wolfe.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]