┌── Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1789-1854 │
│ └── Elisabeth Hinshaw
Elizabeth Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1814 │ ┌── Jesse Hinshaw
D: ? │ │
└── Ruth Hinshaw ─────┤
└── Mary Marshill
M: John Swing
Elizabeth Hinshaw [ID 00165]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 8-11-18141,2, Chatham County, North Carolina1,2 [Tennessee3,4].
At Cane Creek MM on 2-5-1820, Elizabeth and sisters Mary & Jedidah were "received by request" of their parents, William & Ruth.5
She married John Swing, Nov 22 1832, Chatham County, North Carolina.6,7,8 John was born Mar 23 18129 [about 18143], North Carolina9.
A marriage bond was recorded for Elizabeth & John Swing on Nov 22 1832, Chatham County, North Carolina.6,10
Children (all born in Tennessee):3,4
Mariah Swing, born c1833.
Rebecca Swing, born c1835.
William Swing, born c1836.
George Swing, born c1838.
Jacob H. Swing, born c1842.
John W. Swing, born 1843; married Lydia Elizabeth Lacy (children: James Wesley Swing and John Wesley Swing).
Laura B. Swing, born c1859.
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 10 1850), Bedford County, Tennessee:3
John Swing, age 36, born in North Carolina; tenant.
Elizabeth Swing, age 36, born in Tennessee.
Mariah Swing, age 17, born in Tennessee.
Rebecca Swing, age 15, born in Tennessee; attended school.
William Swing, age 14, born in Tennessee; attended school.
George Swing, age 12, born in Tennessee; attended school.
Jacob Swing, age 8, born in Tennessee.
John Swing, age 6, born in Tennessee.
Elizabeth, apparently widowed, and children were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 12 1860), Bedford County, Tennessee:4
Elizabeth Swing, age 45, born in Tennessee; farmer.
Jacob H. Swing, age 18, born in Tennessee.
John W. Swing, age 15, born in Tennessee.
Laura B. Swing, age 4 [or 9 - unclear] months, born in Tennessee.
A Sallie Swing, apparently widowed, probably Elizabeth,11 was shown in the 1870 census (Aug 17 1870), Bedford County, Tennessee:12
Swing, Sallie, white, age 56, born in North Carolina; keeping house; $3000 real estate; $475 personal property; cannot write.
Auburn, Louis, white, age 52, born in Virvinia; farm laborer; $230 personal property; cannot read or write.
Auburn, Jane, black, age 28, born in Tennessee; domestic servant; cannot write.
Auburn, Issabella, black, age 7, born in Tennessee.
Auburn, Louis, black, age 4, born in Tennessee.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- 1850 census, Civil District 25, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M432-869, page 268-269, line #42, dwelling #35, family #35.
- 1860 census, Shelbyville P.O., District 3, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M653-1239, page 107, line #20, dwelling #372, family #372.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Jun 20 2006 by Julia Molitz () to TNBEDFOR-L.
- North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, Shelbyville P.O., District 23, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M593-1514, page 404, line #5, dwelling #170, family #170.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 10:26:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]