1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796) 7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823) 8........ William Hinshaw (1789-1854) m Ruth Hinshaw (1791-1836) 9......... Elizabeth Hinshaw (1814-?) +John Swing (1812-?)
|Elizabeth Hinshaw     [ID 00165]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 8-11-1814, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,217    (Tennessee).a,b
At Cane Creek MM on 2-5-1820, Elizabeth and sisters Mary & Jedidah were "received by request" of their parents, William & Ruth.2
She married John Swing, Nov 22 1832, Chatham County, North Carolina.36,44,c    John was born Mar 23 1812, North Carolina.d    (c1814).a
A marriage bond was recorded for Elizabeth & John Swing on Nov 22 1832, Chatham County, North Carolina.36,e
Children (all born in Tennessee):a,b
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) 1850 census, Civil District 25, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M432-869, page 268-269, line #42, dwelling #35, family #35.
(b) 1860 census, Shelbyville P.O., District 3, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M653-1239, page 107, line #20, dwelling #372, family #372.
(c) North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
(d) Posting Jun 20 2006 by Julia Molitz () to TNBEDFOR-L.
(e) North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868; http://www.ancestry.com.
(g) 1870 census, Shelbyville P.O., District 23, Bedford County, Tennessee; roll M593-1514, page 404, line #5, dwelling #170, family #170.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]