+-- John Marshill | c1720-1787 +-- Jacob Marshill ---+ | 1745-1818 | | +-- Ruth Hadley | c1726-1812 Mary Marshill ---+ B: 1773 | +-- Francis Cypert D: 1806 | | +-- Margaret Cypert --+ 1744-? | +-- Charity Townsend M: Jesse Hinshaw
|Mary Marshill     [ID 03025]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 6-22-1773, Orange County, North Carolina.2
She married Jesse Hinshaw, 10-7-1790, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.2    Jesse Hinshaw, son of Jesse Hinshaw & Abigail Marshall, was born 8-9-1770, Orange County, North Carolina.1,2,3,10,28,44,40
At Cane Creek MM on 9-3-1791, Mary Hinshaw (formerly Marshill) was disowned for her marriage out of unity.2
Mary Marshill died 5-6-1806, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.2,28
Mary's father Jacob Marshill, in his will dated 6-26-1816, proved May, 1818, leaves to "heir of my daughter Mary Hinshaw 5 shillings if demanded".    This will was witnessed and signed by "J. Hinshaw" (presumably Jesse).83
Jesse Hinshaw died Aug 20 1846.1,28,40
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Jesse Hinshaw & Mary Marshill Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
10. Myers, Albert Cook. "Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania", Swarthmore, PA: 1902; GR929.3748 M99 in a local library.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
40. An untitled single-page typewritten document on yellow paper detailing Hinshaw lines of descent, author unknown - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
83. "Abstracts of Wills, Orange County, North Carolina", GR929.3756 S55 in a local library.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]