┌── Absolom Hinshaw
┌── Abel Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1799-1876 │
│ └── Elizabeth Hinshaw
Elizabeth Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1832 │ ┌── John Bookout
D: 1907 │ │
└── Nancy Bookout ──┤
└── Zilpha Wright
M: Samuel S. Norton
M: Michael Coate Page
Elizabeth Hinshaw [ID 01881]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar - 1832, Ohio.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married Samuel S. Norton, Nov 11 1849, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,8,9 Samuel, son of William Norton & Elizabeth Snead, was born 1826, Randolph County, Indiana.6,9,10,11
This Norton family was apparently very friendly with the Hinshaws. The following Norton siblings married Hinshaws:9
Samuel S. Norton married Elizabeth Hinshaw in 1849.
Malinda A. Norton, born c1852, Indiana; married Alonzo Wyson/Wysong.
Lewis L. Norton, born c1854, Indiana; married Mary M. --.
Elizabeth and Samuel were shown in the 1850 census (Jun 19 1850), living with William W. & Margaret Hinshaw Norton in Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:11
Samuel S. Norton, age 24, born in Indiana; blacksmith.
Elizabeth Norton, age 18, born in Ohio.
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 19 1860), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:3
Samuel S. Norton, age 34, born in Indiana; farmer; $2000 real estate; $300 personal property.
Elizabeth Norton, age 28, born in Ohio.
Malinda A. Norton, age 8, born in Indiana; attended school.
Lewis L. Norton, age 6, born in Indiana; attended school.
Samuel died 1863, buried Snow Hill Cemetery, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana.6,9,10
Widow Elizabeth and children were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 24 1870), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:4
Norton, Elizabeth, age 38, born in Ohio; keeps house; $800 real estate; $200 personal property.
Norton, Lewis L., age 16, born in Indiana.
Wysong, Alonza, age 22, born in Ohio; $800 real estate.
Wysong, Malinda, age 18, born in Ohio; $800 real estate.
She then married Michael Coate Page, Dec 28 1870, Randolph County, Indiana.2,12,14 Michael, son of John Page & Rachel Hartman, was born 1818, Ohio.14 Michael had been previously married to Sarah C. Schooley,14,15 by whom he had four children.14
Elizabeth and Michael were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 17 1880), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:5
Page, Michael C., age 62, born in Ohio; father born in New Jersey; mother born in Kentucky; farmer.
Page, Elizabeth, wife, age 48, born in Ohio; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of son Lewis L. Norton.13
Michael died May 29 1881, Union City, Randolph County, Indiana; buried Union City Cemetery, Union City, Indiana.14,15
Michael's death was noted in the Union City, Indiana "Times" on Saturday, June 4, 1881:16
M.C. Page, a former resident of this city, and well-known to the residents of the Ohio side, died at his home in Rural, this county, Sunday last. He was buried in the cemetery this city Monday afternoon at 3 p.m. Funeral services were held at the M.E. Church.
Widow Elizabeth was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1900), living alone in Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:7
Page, Elizabeth, head-of-household, age 68, born March 1832 in Ohio; parents born in North Carolina; widow, first married at age 21; 3 children, 2 living; owned farm (free).
Elizabeth Hinshaw died May 12 1907, at her home, Randolph County, Indiana; buried Snow Hill Cemetery, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana.2,6
Elizabeth's death was noted in a local newspaper on Thursday, May 16, 1907:16
Mrs. Elizabeth Page, aged about 74 years, died at her home west of Rural, last Sunday morning after a long illness. Funeral services were held at Mt Pleasant church, Reverand Gray of Farmland officiating. Interment there.
Photo: Gravestone: Elizabeth Hinshaw Snow Hill Cemetery
Photo: Gravestone: Samuel S. Norton Snow Hill Cemetery
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- Family lineage contributed by Greg Hinshaw
- 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; page 735, line #27, dwelling #306, family #296.
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 440B, line #14, dwelling #47, family #47.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 173, page 275A, line #8, dwelling #202, family #202.
- Snow Hill Cemetery burials, Randolph County, Indiana; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 129, page 12B, line #77, dwelling #293, family #295.
- "Indiana Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- Contribution from Rodger Norton ().
- Family group sheets contributed by Rodger D. Norton ()
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M432-168, page 42, line #20, dwelling #19, family #20.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 173, page 275A, line #10, dwelling #203, family #203.
- Bob Wolfe () genealogical data:
- Bob Wolfe () genealogical data:
- Snow Hill Cemetery gravestone photos, Randolph County, Indiana; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]