┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Michael Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1816-1884 │
│ └── Ruth Hinshaw
Dinah Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1846 │ ┌── Josiah Kemp
D: 1897 │ │
└── Rachel Kemp ──────┤
└── Dinah Moon
M: John Unthank
Dinah Hinshaw [ID 00523]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Dinah Hinshaw1,2 [Dinah Henshaw3,4].
Born May 20 1846, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,2,5,6,7
She married John Unthank, Oct 6 1866, Chatham County, North Carolina.1,3,4,8 A marriage bond was recorded for Dinah Henshaw & John Unthank on Oct 6 1866, Chatham County, North Carolina.3
John, son of Temple Unthank & Elizabeth Allen, was born Jul - 1844, Chatham County, North Carolina.7,9,10
Beulah Unthank, born Feb 17 1879, Snow Camp, North Carolina; died Aug 16 1946, Snow Camp, North Carolina; buried Aug 18 1946, Cane Creek MM; married William P. Allen (child: John William Allen).
At Cane Creek MM on 3-6-1869 Dinah Unthank and Amy Hinshaw were minuted into membership at their own request, and minor brothers Milton W. and John H. Hinshaw were minuted into membership at the request of their parents.13,14
Dinah and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 19 1880), Albright Township, Chatham County, North Carolina:7
Unthank, John, age 35, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Unthank, Dinah, wife, age 33, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Unthank, Beula, daughter, age 1, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Cogins, R.J., servant, white, female, age 17, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; house keeper.
Dinah Hinshaw died 1897, Chatham County, North Carolina; buried Cane Creek MM Cemetery, Snow Camp, Alamance County, North Carolina.1,2,6
John and daughter were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina:10
Unthank, John, age 55, born July 1844 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widower; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Unthank, Beulah, daughter, age 21, born Feb 1879 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Family history and family group sheets contributed by Lester L. Hinshaw
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek
Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
- 1880 census, Albright Township, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll T9-957, ED 28, page 144A, line #4, family #251.
- Marriages of Chatham County, North Carolina, 1772-1868; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T623-1180, ED 8, page 1B, line #68, dwelling #13, family #13.
- North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1935; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]