┌── Dempsey Jackson Hinshaw
┌── William Jonathan Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1862-1949 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Holder
Opal Pauline Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1893 │ ┌── Joseph S. R. Manning
D: 1930 │ │
No Issue └── Sarah Manning ─────────────┤
└── Elizabeth (Manning)
M: Snow Allison Foote
Opal Pauline Hinshaw [ID 07646]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Opal Pauline Hinshaw1 [Opal Peggy Henshaw2].
Born Dec 20 18931,3,4 [Dec - 18942,5], Missouri1,3,4.
She married Snow Allison Foote.1 Snow, son of Oscar H. + Edna A. Foote, was born Dec 31 1890, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas.4,6,7,8,9
On Jun 5 1917 Snow Allison Foote, age 26, registered for the World War I draft in Ford County, Kansas. He declared he was born Dec 31st 1890 in Emporia, [Lyon County,] Kansas, and was then residing in Ford, Kansas where he was married and a self-employed mechanic. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, light brown hair.8
Opal and Snow were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), 611 W. Maple, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas:4
Foote, Snow, head-of-household, age 29, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri; rented home; occupation: mechanic, auto.
Foote, Opal, wife, age 26, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
, brother-in-law, age 22, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; single; attended school; occupation: student, college.
Opal and Snow were later divorced.1 Snow died Jan 2 1948, Riverside County, California.9
Opal Pauline Hinshaw died 1930, buried Sep 27 1930, Zone A, Lot 184, Space 1, Valley View Cemetery, 2901 N. 3rd St., Garden City, Finney County, Kansas.1,2 Opal is buried next to her parents.2
- "History and Genealogy of the Hinshaw Family", compiled by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw, 1967;
with considerable content from William Perry Johnson, a noted
genealogist hired by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw.
Contributed by Bob Mount ()
- 1910 census, Spearville Township, Ford County, Kansas; roll T624-439, ED 53, page 190A, line #1, dwelling #196, family #196.
- 1920 census, 5th Ward, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T625-550, ED 151, page 2B, line #74, dwelling #42, family #45.
- 1900 census, Union Township, Laclede County, Missouri; roll T623-869, ED 71, page 13B, line #64, dwelling #258, family #264.
- 1900 census, Argentine Township, Wyandotte County, Kansas; roll T623-504, ED 142, page 6B, line #84, dwelling #135, family #143.
- 1910 census, Macksville, Stafford County, Kansas; roll T624-458, ED 203, page 2A, line #38, dwelling #28, family #28.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]