┌── Dempsey Jackson Hinshaw
┌── William Jonathan Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1862-1949 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Holder
Charles Elmer Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Joseph S. R. Manning
D: 1983 │ │
└── Sarah Manning ─────────────┤
└── Elizabeth (Manning)
M: Eileen Esta Hoodlet
├── Patricia Sara Hinshaw (1926-1999) 1,2
└── Blye Bernice Hinshaw (1927-) 1,2
Charles Elmer Hinshaw [ID 07647]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Charles Elmer Hinshaw3 [Charles Ezra Hinshaw1].
Born Sep 9 18981,2,4,5,6 [Sep 9 18973,7,8], Lebanon, Laclede County, Missouri1,2,4,5,6.
On Sep 9 1918 Charles Elmer Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Dodge City, Ford County, Kansas. He declared he was born Sept 9 1897, and was then residing in Ford, Ford County, Kansas where he was a military student at Fairmont College, Wichita, Kansas. He declared his nearest relative was his mother, Mrs. W.J. Hinshaw of Ford. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, dark brown hair.3
Charles was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), living with sister Opal and her husband, 611 W. Maple, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas:6
, head-of-household, age 29, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri; rented home; occupation: mechanic, auto.
, wife, age 26, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
Hinshaw, Charles, brother-in-law, age 22, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; single; attended school; occupation: student, college.
He married Eileen Esta Hoodlet, about 1924.1,2 Eileen was born Sep 1 1901, Pana, Christian County, Illinois.1,2,4
Both Charles and Eileen were graduates of Friends University, Wichita, Kansas.1
Charles and family were shown in the 1930 census (May 12 1930), Oak Street, Medicine Lodge, Barber County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, Charles E., head-of-household, age 32, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 26; owned home ($2600 value); no radio in home; occupation: principal, public school; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Eileen E., wife, age 28, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, Patricia S.
, daughter, age 4 years 3 months, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Illinois.
Hinshaw, Blye V.Living nearby in Medicine Lodge in 1930 was the family of brother Joseph.9
, daughter, age 2 years 5 months, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Illinois.
In 1983 Charles was living in Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas.4
Charles Elmer Hinshaw died Feb - 1983.4
In 1984 Eileen was living in Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas.4
Eileen died Feb - 1984.4
Social Security information for Charles Elmer Hinshaw: 512-20-3402
Social Security information for Eileen Esta Hoodlet: 509-68-3546
- "History and Genealogy of the Hinshaw Family", compiled by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw, 1967;
with considerable content from William Perry Johnson, a noted
genealogist hired by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw.
Contributed by Bob Mount ()
- 1930 census, Medicine Lodge, Barber County, Kansas; roll T626-692, ED 14, page 14A, line #25, dwelling #330, family #367.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1915 Kansas state census, Ford County, Kansas; page 4, line #1, dwelling #22, family #22; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 5th Ward, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T625-550, ED 151, page 2B, line #74, dwelling #42, family #45.
- 1900 census, Union Township, Laclede County, Missouri; roll T623-869, ED 71, page 13B, line #64, dwelling #258, family #264.
- 1910 census, Spearville Township, Ford County, Kansas; roll T624-439, ED 53, page 190A, line #1, dwelling #196, family #196.
- 1930 census, Medicine Lodge, Barber County, Kansas; roll T626-692, ED 14, page 3B, line #72, dwelling #68, family #83.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]