┌── William Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ──┤
│ └── Mary Courtney
Ann Hinshaw ────────────┤
B: ? │ ┌── George Martin
D: ? │ │
└── Rachel Martin ────┤
└── Sarah Dixon
M: Alexander Cunningham
Ann Hinshaw [ID 00767]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Ann Hinshaw1,2,3 [Anna Hinshaw4].
She married Alexander Cunningham, Mar 18 1814, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,4,5 Alexander, son of Nathaniel Cunningham & Betsey Snead6,7,8,9, was born about 17906,7,8,9, North Carolina6,7,8,9 [Halifax County, Virginia10,11]. He had been named for his grandfather, Alexander Cunningham.6
A marriage bond was recorded for Ann Hinshaw & Alexander Cunningham on Mar 18 1814, Randolph County, North Carolina.1
At Back Creek MM on 1-27-1816 Alexander Cunningham was received on a certificate from Center MM dated 11-18-1815.12 On the same date Ann was also received.12
At Back Creek MM on 3-23-1820 Alexander Cunningham was disowned.12
At Back Creek MM on 12-29-1830 Anna Cunningham was disowned.12
Alexander was a lawyer and served as Justice of Peace.6 He was also very active in politics and served in North Carolina's House of Commons in 1828 and 1831.10
Ann and family were shown in the 1830 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:7
Alexander Cunningham household:
1 male age 5-10.
1 male age 30-40 [Alexander].
1 female 10-15.
2 females age 30-40 [Ann and ??].
5 persons total in household.
Ann and Alexander settled in Indiana.4,13
It is unknown what became of Ann. Alexander remarried to a Mary [--] Fitzhugh (Fitzhue),10 who apparently had a son James Fitzhue.
Alexander and family were shown in the 1850 census (Oct 25 1850), Camden County, Missouri:9
Alexander Cunningham, age 60, born in North Carolina; farmer.
Mary Cunningham, age 50, born in Virginia.
James Fitzhue, age 29, born in Missouri; farmer; $250 real estate.
Frances Fitzhue, age 20, born in Missouri; cannot read or write.
Luerena [unclear] Fitzhue, age 15, born in Missouri; attended school.
Alexander and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 4 1860), Camden County, Missouri:11
Alexander Cunningham, age 69, born in Virginia; farmer; $300 real estate; $600 personal property.
Mary Cunningham, age 59, born in Virginia.
Rosanna Fitchew, age 28, born in Missouri.
Amos Brown, age 23, born in Georgia; farm laborer; cannot read or write.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "North Carolina Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Contribution from Andrew Jackson Hinshaw citing:
Randolph County Heritage Book, page 94.
- 1830 census, Regiment 1, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 125, page 17.
- 1840 census, Perry County, Indiana; roll 90, page 215.
- 1850 census, District 13, Camden County, Missouri; roll M432-394, page 318, line #29, dwelling #60, family #60.
- Posting Jun 6 2005 by () to the Fitzhugh message board:
- 1860 census, Linn Creek P.O., Osage Township, Camden County, Missouri; roll M653-611, page 24, line #36, dwelling #163, family #163.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]