+-- Ezra Hinshaw | 1753-1836 +-- William Hinshaw --+ | 1779-1869 | | +-- Ruth Marshill | 1759-1857 Zebedee Hinshaw -------+ B: 1805 | +-- Richard Beeson D: 1867 | | +-- Lorohame Beeson --+ 1786-1839 | +-- Abigail Dimmitt M: Rebecca Trogdon +-- Newton Madison Hinshaw, 1831-1912 +-- Mary Elma Hinshaw, 1833-1921 M: Elizabeth Hendricks +-- Samuel Marion Hinshaw, 1836-1907 +-- Rebecca Jane Hinshaw, 1838-1912 +-- William W. Hinshaw, 1840-1848 +-- Milton Hinshaw, 1842-? +-- George M. Hinshaw, 1846-? +-- Zebedee Hinshaw, 1848-1848
|Zebedee Hinshaw     [ID 00808]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Zebedee Hinshaw)2,93,a,b    (Zebadee Hinshaw)44
Born Aug 31 1805.44,78,93,127,153
At Marlborough MM on 7-8-1830, Zebedee was disowned.2
He married Rebecca Trogdon, Sep 23 1830, Randolph County, North Carolina.36,44,78,127,a,153,205    (Rebecca Trodgont)44    (Rebecca Tragdon)44    (Rebecca Trogden)93    Rebecca, daughter of William Trogden & Elizabeth Gilliam, was born Apr 21 1802, Randolph County, North Carolina.c,153    (or Sam Trogden & Elizabeth Julian).205
A marriage bond was recorded for Zebedee & Rebecca on Sep 21 1830, Randolph County, North Carolina.    The recorded bondsman was James Hinshaw (presumably his brother James).36
Rebecca died Feb 2 1834.153,205
He then married Elizabeth Hendricks, Jun 26 1835, Randolph County, North Carolina.44,93,127,a,153,205    Elizabeth was born Jan 28 1806, North Carolina.205,d,e    (c1810).f
A marriage bond was recorded for Zebedee Hinshaw & Elizabeth Hendricks on June 26, 1835, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
Zebedee and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:d
Widow Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 14 1870), Labette County, Kansas:f
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
153. Family group sheets from Denzel Marie Hinshaw, contributed by Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(b) Iowa Cemetery Records. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
(c) http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
(d) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 194, dwelling #454.
(e) 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 597, line #5, dwelling #1065, family #1065.
(f) 1870 census, Elston P.O., Labette County, Kansas; roll M593-436, page 24, line #9, dwelling #67, family #72.
(g) WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
(h) 1870 census, Elston P.O., Labette County, Kansas; roll M593-436, page 24, line #6, dwelling #66, family #71.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]