+-- William Hinshaw | 1724-1814 +-- Thomas Hinshaw ----+ | 1757-1825 | | +-- Sarah Courtney | 1730-c1768 Rebekah Hinshaw ---+ B: 1799 | +-- William Marshill D: 1853 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill --+ 1762-1836 | +-- Rebecca Dixson M: Joseph Pearson
|Rebekah Hinshaw     [ID 00088]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Rebekah Hinshaw)2,217    (Rebecca Hinshaw)1,155    (Mary Rebecca Hinshaw)49,155
Born 4-5-1799, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,217
At Cane Creek MM on 4-4-1829, Rebekah and mother Rebecca and sister Ruth were granted a certificate to White River MM, Indiana.    During that same year, Rebekah's brother Simon and family, and brother Thomas and family, were all granted certificates to White Water2 (perhaps because their father had died four years earlier).
At White River MM (Indiana) on 12-5-1829, Rebecca & mother Rebecca & sister Ruth were received on a certificate from Cane Creek MM, endorsed over to Springfield MM.49
At White River MM on 10-11-1843, Rebecca was received on a certificate from Springfield MM.49
At Cherry Grove MM on 11-11-1843, Joseph Pearson was granted a certificate to White River MM to marry Mary Rebecca Hinshaw.49
She married Joseph Pearson, 2-3-1844, White River MM, Indiana.49,155    (Joseph Pierson)155,47
At White River MM on 1-6-1844, Rebecca was declared at liberty to marry Joseph Pearson of Cherry Grove.49    "2-3-1844 reported married".49
Rebekah Hinshaw died Jun 3 1853, Randolph County, Indiana; age 54y 1m 28d; buried Lynn MM, Randolph County, Indiana.a
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
49. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
155. "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division: http://www.in.gov/library/genealogy.htm
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) Posting Mar 11 2004 by Jerry Richmond () to QUAKER-ROOTS-L, citing: records of Cherry Grove MM.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]