1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Thomas J. Hinshaw (1822-1896) m Sarah Mills (1826-1904)
10.......... Emma Hinshaw (1866-1935)
+David Banks Rogers (1868-1954)
Emma Hinshaw [ID 01175]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec 27 1866, Cherry Grove MM, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
At Cherry Grove MM on 9-14-1889, Emma was granted a certificate to Trego MM, Kansas2 Note that this was ten years after Emma's family had moved to Kansas (apparently they were requesting a certificate of removal from Cherry Grove MM in order to join Trego MM).
She married David Banks Rogers, Apr 16 1891, WaKeeney, Trego County, Kansas.6,7,8 David, son of Joze Wheeler Rogers & Lura Lestina Wilson, was born Sep 13 1868, Paw Paw, Lee County, Illinois.6,7,8,9,10,11
David had been educated in the public schools of Illinoi and Kansas, and the University of Kansas.8
Emma and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4-5 1900), 364 Rhode Island St., Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas:6
Rodgers, David B., head-of-household, age 31, born Sept 1868 in Illinois; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York; married 10 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
Rodgers, Emma H., wife, age 33, born Dec 1866 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; married 10 years; 1 child, none living.
, mother-in-law, age 73, born [Oct, lined-out and overwritten with Dec] 1826 in Ohio; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; widow; 2 children, 2 living [sic].
, brother-in-law, age 36, born Oct 1863 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; single; occupation: farmer.
Emma and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), 1214 Tennessee Street, Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas:12
Rogers, David B., head-of-household, age 52, born in Illinois; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York; owned home; occupation: shipping [..unclear..], [..unclear..] factory.
Rogers, Emma H., wife, age 50, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio.
Emma moved to Santa Barbara, California13 in 1922.8
Emma and David were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California:7
Rogers, David B., head-of-household, age 61, born in Illinois; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York; first married at age 26; owned home ($6000 value); no radio in home; occupation: archeologist [sic], museum; not a veteran.
Rogers, Emma H., wife, age 63, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 28.
In July 1930 David was Curator of the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History.8 He had, for years, been associated with the Museum of the American Indian in New York City, and the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C., and was a member of the American Geographic Society and the Smithsonian Archeological Association.8
Emma Hinshaw died Dec 23 1935, Santa Barbara County, California; age 68.9,14
David remarried to Lucille Derbyshire.15 (Mabel Lucille Derbyshire).16 David and Lucille were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 17 1940), 2936 Hermosa Road, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California:15
Rogers, David Banks, head-of-household, age 71, born in Illinois; completed 5 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; owned home ($8000 value).
Rogers, Lucille, wife, age 50, born in Canada; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
Derbyshire, Clara, mother-in-law, age 75, born in Canada; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; widow.
David died Dec 31 1954, Santa Barbara County, California; buried Room 3 Group A Section 32 Niche 04, Santa Barbara Cemetery, 901 Channel Dr., Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California.9,10
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 460, line #26, dwelling #367, household #367.
- 1880 census, Township 13, Trego County, Kansas; roll T9-0398, ED 316, page 327B, line #41, dwelling #78, family #78.
- 1900 census, 5th Ward, Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas; roll T623-479, ED 64, page 7B, line #64, dwelling #155, family #165.
- 1930 census, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California; roll T626-214, ED 24, page 14B, line #69, dwelling #259, family #260.
- California, Biographical Index Cards, 1781-1990; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Rogers Family Tree" posted by "donnaleejesus".
- 1920 census, Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas; roll T625-531, ED 66, page 2A, line #8, dwelling #31, family #36.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1940 census, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California; roll T627-334, ED 42-31, page 8A, line #18, household #277.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Lalonde Family Tree" posted by "ffrench100".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]