1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock 7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833) 8........ Jacob Hinshaw (1787-1832) +Mary Davis (1796-1874) 9......... Hannah Hinshaw (1819-1863) 9......... John Hinshaw (1820-1831) 9......... Rhoda Hinshaw (1822-1887) 9......... Huldah Hinshaw (1824-1900) 9......... Elias Hinshaw (1827-1893) 9......... Eunice Hinshaw (1829-1877) 9......... Tace Hinshaw (1831-1831) 9......... Mary Hinshaw (1832-1909)
|Jacob Hinshaw     [ID 00227]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 10-27-1787, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,95
He married Mary Davis, 11-14-1816, Holly Spring Meeting House, North Carolina.2,44,217,95    Mary, daughter of Charles Davis & Hannah Piggott, was born 1-26-1796, Chatham County, North Carolina.2,95,a,b    Note that Jacob's brother Stephen married Mary's sister Hannah Davis.
Jacob Hinshaw died 12-17-1832, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,95
Widow Mary and family are shown in the 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina:c
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Jacob Hinshaw & Mary Davis Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
Photo: Mary Davis gravestone Holly Spring Friends Meeting Cemetery b
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) 1860 census, Moffetts Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 249, line #23, dwelling #309, family #309.
(c) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 118, line #13, dwelling #538, family #545.
(d) 1870 census, Moffitt Mills P.O., Pleasant Grove Twp., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 443, line #24, dwelling #95, family #92.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]