1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney
7....... John Hinshaw (1755-?) m Mary Martin (1763-?)
8........ John Hinshaw (1792-?) m Patsey Booths (1791-c1850)
9......... Eliza Hinshaw (1826-?)
+William Bethel (1824-c1856)
Eliza Hinshaw [ID 02496]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 1826, Tennessee.1,2,3
She married William Bethel, Jan 18 1844, Grainger County, Tennessee.1,4 William was born 1824, Tennessee.1,2
Eliza and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 25 1850), Grainger County, Tennessee:2
Wm Bethel, age 26, born in Tennessee; carpenter.
Eliza Bethel, age 24; born in Tennessee; cannot read or write.
John W. Bethel, age 5, born in Tennessee.
James A. Bethel, age 4, born in Tennessee.
Wm R. Bethel, age 1, born in Tennessee.
William died about 1856. William died in the 1850s.1,3
Widow Eliza and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), Grainger County, Tennessee:3
Eliza Bethel, age 34; widow; $50 personal property; cannot read or write.
John W. Bethel, age 15; attended school.
James A. Bethel, age 12; attended school.
William R. Bethel, age 10; attended school.
Marion H. Bethel, age 3.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of brother George;5 next door on the other side was the household of Eliza's father John.6
Widow Eliza and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 17 1880), Grainger County, Tennessee:7
Bethel, Eliza, age 55, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; widow; keeping house.
Bethel, James A., son, age 33, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; single; sick or disabled: white ????lling [unclear]; "maimed, crippled, bedridden, or otherwise disabled".
Bethel, William H., stepson [sic], age 10, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; cannot read or write.
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- 1850 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 52A, line #5, dwelling #737, family #762.
- 1860 census, 7th Civil District, Rutledge P.O., Grainger County, Tennessee; page 459A, line #4, dwelling #794, family #794.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- 1860 census, 7th Civil District, Rutledge P.O., Grainger County, Tennessee; page 459A, line #9, dwelling #795, family #795.
- 1860 census, 7th Civil District, Rutledge P.O., Grainger County, Tennessee; page 459A, line #1, dwelling #793, family #793.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 455B, line #38, dwelling #241, family #251.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]