1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Zeno Hinshaw (1808-1873)
+Rachel Williams (1813-1873)
10.......... William W. Hinshaw (1835-1863) 1,2,3,4,5
10.......... Leannah C. Hinshaw (1837-1852) 1,2,3,4,5,6
10.......... Susan M. Hinshaw (1841-1911) 1,2,3,4,5
10.......... Silas G. Hinshaw (1843-1922) 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9
Zeno Hinshaw [ID 00029]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 8-27-18081,10,11 [8-7-18082,4,7,10,12,13,14], Randolph County, North Carolina1,10,11.
At Cane Creek MM, on 9-7-1816, Zeno was "received by request" of his father, Simon.12
He married Rachel Williams1,4,5,13,15,16,17,18 [Rachael Williams16,19,20,21,22], Mar 15 18321,4,5,13,15,16,17,18, McLean County, Illinois1,4,5,13,15,16,17,18. Rachel, daughter of James Williams & Esther Jones, was born Dec 12 1813, Overton County, Tennessee.1,2,7,14,17,23
Rachel descended from James Williams & Keziah Wilson. James Williams (Sr.) was a Revolutionary War veteran and is buried in Old Pioneer Cemetery, Hempstead County, Arkansas.24
At the Vermilion MM (Illinois) on 9-1-1832, Zeno was complained of (someone complained about him) for marrying contrary to discipline; his sister Phebe was complained of on the same date, presumably for attending Zeno's improper wedding. Zeno was subsequently disowned on 10-25-1832.25
Zeno was a farmer in McLean County, Illinois.2
Zeno and family were shown in the 1840 census, McLean County, Illinois26
Zeno Hinshaw household:
1 male age 30-40 [Zeno].
1 female age 15-20.
1 female age 20-30 [Rachel].
Living nearby was the household of his father Simon (page 277).27
Zeno Hinshaw and family were shown in the 1850 census, Stout's Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois, as follows:2,3
Zeno Hinshaw, age 42, born in North Carolina; farmer; $200 real estate.
Rachael Hinshaw, age 36, born in Tennessee.
Zeno and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 28 1860), Chatsworth Township, Livingston County, Illinois:7
Zeno Henshaw, age 51, born in North Carolina; farmer; $500 personal property.
Rachel Henshaw, age 46, born in Tennessee.
Eleanor McReynolds, age 36, born in Tennessee; $300 real estate; $125 personal property.
Living in the same dwelling in 1860 was the family of daughter Susan.28
Zeno and Rachel were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 9 1870), Fairbury, Indian Grove Township, Livingston County, Illinois:14
Henshaw, Zeno, age 61, born in North Carolina; farm laborer; $600 real estate; $100 personal property.
Henshaw, Rachel, age 56, born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Hornbeck, Henry, age 39, born in Pennsylvania; farmer; $7000 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Zeno Hinshaw died Nov 27 1873, Fairbury, Livingston County, Illinois.1
Rachel died 1873, Fairbury, Livingston County, Illinois.1
Photo: Zeno Hinshaw
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- United States National Archives, federal Census, 1850.
- "1850 Federal Census, McLean County, Illinois" (a summary),
GR929.377359 G38 in a local library.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- 1860 census, Chatsworth P.O., Chatsworth Township, Livingston County, Illinois; roll M653-199, page 966, line #8, dwelling #1936, family #1919.
- Contribution from Roberta Grooms () citing:
Death certificate for Silas Hinshaw.
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- 1870 census, Fairbury P.O., Indian Grove Township, Livingston County, Illinois; roll M593-247, page 152, line #20, dwelling #170, family #170.
- "Custer's McLean County", by Milo Custer, in the LDS Family History
Library, microfilm #0897324, item 5.
- "McLean County Marriages, 1831-1841", by Milo T. Custer,
F547 M16 C87 in the Sutro Genealogical Library in San Francisco.
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Letters from Warren Gfeller, Wichita, KS (re George/Polly Toliver).
- "Illinois Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- Contribution from Mara Bruce () citing:
"McLean Co. Marriage Records 1831 - 1872", Book A, page 8.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book A, page 8):
- GEDCOM file h8789.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Lynda Rangeley ().
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- 1840 census, McLean County, Illinois; roll M704-65, page 250.
- 1840 census, McLean County, Illinois; roll M704-65, page 277.
- 1860 census, Chatsworth P.O., Chatsworth Township, Livingston County, Illinois; roll M653-199, page 966, line #12, dwelling #1936, family #1920.
- Photo from the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", 1911.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]