1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ Jesse Hinshaw (1780-1853) m Eunice Gifford (1778-1820)
9......... William Hinshaw (1802-1877)
+Hannah Mendenhall (1802-1876)
10.......... Eliza Jane Hinshaw (1825-1904) 1,2,3
10.......... Anna Martitia Hinshaw (1829-1881) 1,2,4,5
10.......... Orlando B. Hinshaw (1830-1891) 1,2,5
10.......... Miriam Emaline Hinshaw (1835-1922) 1,2,5
10.......... Eunice Mildred Maria Hinshaw (1839-1905) 1,2,3,4,5
William Hinshaw [ID 00353]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 9-16-1802, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1,6,7,8
At Marlborough MM on 4-6-1822, "William, Jr." requested a certificate to Deep River MM.1
At Deep River MM on 6-6-1822, William was received on a certificate from Marlborough MM dated 5-4-1822.1
He married Hannah Mendenhall, 9-16-1824, Deep River MM, North Carolina.1,6 Hannah, daughter of James W. Mendenhall & Miriam Hoggatt, was born 5-28-1802, Guilford County, North Carolina.1,2,8
At Deep River MM on 2-3-1825, William & wife requested a certificate to Marlborough MM.1
At Marlborough MM on 2-5-1825, William & Hannah were received on a certificate from Deep River MM dated 2-3-1825.1
William and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 25 1850), Randolph County, North Carolina:8
William Hinshaw, "Junr" [sic], age 48, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate.
Hannah Hinshaw, age 48, born in North Carolina.
John L... [unclear], age 22, born in North Carolina; laborer.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of brother Jesse G..9
At Marlborough MM on 3-6-1852, William, Hannah, and daughters Eunice Mildred Maria & Miriam Emaline were granted certificates to Center MM.1
At Center MM on 3-20-1852, "William, Jr." & family, Hannah & daughter Eunice M.M., were received on certificates from Marlboro MM dated 3-6-1852. Note no mention of daughter Miriam.1
At Deep River MM on 4-1-1852, William's daughter Miriam Emeline was received on a certificate from Marlboro MM [sic], "held at Salem", dated 3-6-1852.1
William and Hannah were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 10 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:10
Wm Hinshaw, age 65, born in North Carolina; harness maker; $100 personal property.
Hannah Hinshaw, age 65; domestic.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of daughter Eliza Jane;11 a few houses away was the family of son Orlando.12
William and Hannah were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 10 1870), New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:13
Hinshaw, William, age 68, born in North Carolina; harness maker; $400 real estate; $400 personal property.
Hinshaw, Hannah, age 68, born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Henderson, [..first name unclear..], age 18, born in North Carolina; attended school.
At Center MM on 10-16-1875, William & Hannah were granted certificates to Deep River MM.1
At Deep River MM on 1-6-1876, "William & wife Hannah, an elder", were received on a certificate from Center MM dated 10-16-1875.1
Hannah died 5-11-1876, Center MM, North Carolina.1,2
William Hinshaw died 10-13-1877, Center MM, North Carolina; buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, 2054 Providence Church Rd., Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,7,14
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Mendenhall-DL Genealogical Database",
from William Dean Leonard ().
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 238, dwelling #1089.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 238, line #16, dwelling #1089, family #1089.
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 238, line #7, dwelling #1088, family #1088.
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #14, dwelling #766, family #766.
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #7, dwelling #765, family #765.
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #39, dwelling #773, family #773.
- 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 434, line #3, dwelling #105, family #108.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]