1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806) 7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795) 8........ Jesse Hinshaw (1780-1853) +Eunice Gifford (1778-1820) 9......... William Hinshaw (1802-1877) 9......... Mary Hinshaw (1804-?) 9......... Sarah Hinshaw (1807-1834) 9......... Ruth Hinshaw (1810-1899) 9......... Jesse Gifford Hinshaw (1813-1875) 9......... Eunice Hinshaw (1815-1821) 9......... Jonathan P. Hinshaw (1820-1896) +Milli Primm (1803-?) 9......... Elvisa B. Hinshaw (1823-1826) 9......... Virena Elma Hinshaw (1825-?) 9......... Cyrus Clarkson Hinshaw (1830-1907) 9......... Betsy Luzina Hinshaw (1832-?) 9......... Louisa Jane Hinshaw (1834-1904) 9......... John Milton Hinshaw (1836-1863)
|Jesse Hinshaw     [ID 00231]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Jesse Hinshaw)2,44    (Jesse Henshaw)67
Born 11-2-1780, Marlborough, North Carolina.2,44,52
He married Eunice Gifford, 10-15-1801, Deep River MM, North Carolina.2,44,52    (Unice Gifford)2    Eunice, daughter of Jonathan Nathan Gifford & Eunice Beard, was born Jun 20 1778, Guilford County, North Carolina.78,205,a,2,52    Eunice Gifford descended from two Mayflower lines.    Her paternal grandmother's parents were both Mayflower grandchildren.a
At Deep River MM on 7-7-1806, Jesse, Eunice & family were granted certificates to Center MM.2
Eunice died 8-9-1820, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,52,205
He then married Milli Primm, 1-17-1822, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,44,47,52    (Milly Primm)2    (Armilla Prim)44,47    (Armella Prim)47    (Armelia Prim)47    (Armilla Primm)52,a    (Armelly Prim)52    (Milley Price)44,67,b    Milli was born 4-8-1803, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,52,67
Jesse & Milley's marriage was noted on Friday, February 8, 1822 in the "Raleigh Register":67,b
At New Salem, Randolph County, on the 17th of the previous month, Mr. Jesse Henshaw, age 46, was married to Miss Milley Price, aged 19.
At Marlborough MM on 2-1-1845, Jesse & family, and "Milly, daughters Betsy, Luzena & Louisa" were granted certificates to Bloomfield MM, Indiana.2
Jesse had been a shopkeeper at New Salem, Randolph County, North Carolina.    Before Jesse removed to Indiana, he turned his business over to his son Jesse G., including assets (accounts receivable and stock) as well as associated liabilities.a
At Bloomfield MM on 5-7-1845, Jesse & wife Armilla & children Cyrus Clarkson, Betsy Luzena, Louisa Jane & John Milton were received on certificates from Marlborough MM, N.C.52
At Marlborough MM on 3-1-1845, a complaint was forwarded to Bloomfield MM "to treat with Jesse for secretly leaving the country".    On 8-2-1845, Marlborough MM recorded that "Bloomfield MM reported that Jesse had condemned his deviations".2
At Bloomfield MM on 8-8-1849, Jesse & wife Armilla & son John Milton were granted certificates to Sugar River MM.52
At Sugar River MM on 4-27-1850, Jesse & son John Milton, and Armelly were received on certificates from Bloomfield MM.52
Jesse and family were shown in the 1850 census, Franklin Township, Montgomery County, Indiana:c
Widow Milli was shown in the 1860 census (Jul 14 1860) living in the household of daughter Louisa in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana:e
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
52. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 5, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
67. "Abstracts of Vital Records from Raleigh, North Carolina, Newspapers 1820-1829", Vol. II., GR929.3756 N34 in a local library.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(b) "Early North Carolina Settlers, 1700s-1900s" - Marriage Notices; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
(c) 1850 census, Franklin Township, Montgomery County, Indiana; roll 161, page 476; dwelling #45.
(d) Montgomery County, Indiana burials; Crawfordsville District Public Library:
(e) 1860 census, Russells Mills P.O., Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana; roll M653-287, page 714, line #34, dwelling #926, family #916.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]