1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806) 7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795) 8........ Jesse Hinshaw (1780-1853) m Eunice Gifford (1778-1820) 9......... Jesse Gifford Hinshaw (1813-1875) +Anna Mendenhall (1805-1857) 10.......... James Madison Hinshaw (1833-1912) 10.......... Jesse Alfonzo Hinshaw (1835-1837) 10.......... Susan Delphina Hinshaw (1837-1843) 10.......... Emily Martitia Hinshaw (1838-1883) 10.......... William Henry Alonzo Hinshaw (1840-1861) 10.......... Micajah Hill Hinshaw (1842-1861) 10.......... John Branson Hinshaw (1845-1855)
|Jesse Gifford Hinshaw [ID 00357]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Jesse Gifford Hinshaw)2,a (Jesse G. Henshaw)44
Born 3-4-1813, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,44,b
Jesse was a general merchandise merchant in New Salem, North Carolina, having received his business from his father.a
He married Anna Mendenhall, Dec 15 1832, Deep River, Guilford County, North Carolina.2,44,123 (Ann Mendenhall)44 (Anne Mendenhall)a Anna, daughter of James W. Mendenhall & Miriam Hoggatt, was born 11-28-1805, Guilford County, North Carolina.2,123,a
A marriage bond was recorded for Jesse G. Hinshaw & Anna Mendenhall on December 15, 1832, Guilford County, North Carolina.36
At Deep River MM on 6-6-1833, Anna Hinshaw (formerly Mendenhall) condemned her "marriage out of unity".2
At Deep River MM on 1-2-1834, Anna was granted a certificate to Marlborough MM.2
At Marlborough MM on 3-7-1834, Anna was received a certificate from Deep River MM dated 1-2-1834.2
At Marlborough MM on 1-2-1847, Jesse was granted a certificate to Bloomfield MM, Park County, Indiana2 (presumably to join his parents).
Jesse and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 25 1850), Randolph County, North Carolina:c
Anna died 10-30-1857, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,123,a
Jesse and family were again shown in the 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:e
Jesse's will, written Nov 5 1874 and probated in Randolph County in 1875, is recorded in the North Carolina State Archives (Raleigh, NC); Will Book 15, page 187g (see below).
Photo: Jesse Gifford Hinshaw's last will and testament 218
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
123. "Mendenhall-DL Genealogical Database", http://www.mendenhall.org/mfa/gedcom/MFA-Dean-Leonard/index.html, from William Dean Leonard ().
218. Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
(a) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(b) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw (Mar 4 1813 only).
(c) 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 238, line #7, dwelling #1088, family #1088.
(d) 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 238, line #16, dwelling #1089, family #1089.
(e) Contribution from Tim Walls () citing:
1860 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 701.
(f) 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 428, line #23, dwelling #22, family #20.
(g) Mitchell, Thornton W. "North Carolina Wills; A Testator Index, 1665-1900".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer ▾ more...
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]