1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... William Henshaw (1735-1820) m Phebe Swan (1753-1808)
8........ William Henshaw (1780-1862)
+Lucy Stratton (1795-1879)
9......... Catharine Henshaw (1823-1842) 1,2,3,4
9......... Ruth Bascom Henshaw (?-1844) 1,2
9......... Mary Belcher Henshaw (1824-?) 1,2,3,4
9......... Josiah Nelson Henshaw (1825-1911) 1,2,3,4
9......... Nathan Swan Henshaw (1828-<1900) 1,2,5,6,7
9......... William Houghton Henshaw (c1831-?) 1,2,8,9,10
9......... Waldo Flint Henshaw (1833-1904) 1,2,8,9,11,12
William Henshaw [ID 04587]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 7 1780, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.2,8,9,11,13,14,15
He married Lucy Stratton1,2,11,16, Feb 12 18221,2,11,16, Rutland, Worcester County, Massachusetts1,2,11,16 [Leicester, Massachusetts14]. Lucy, daughter of Alpheus Stratton & Lucy Keyes, was born Mar 16 1795, Rutland, Worcester County, Massachusetts.8,9,10,11,14 Lucy's father, Alpheus Stratton, had served as a Captain in the Massachusetts Volunteer Militia during the War of 1812.14
At the time of his marriage, William was living in Leicester, Massachusetts:16
William and family were shown in the 1850 census, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts:8
William Henshaw, age 70, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $1000 real estate.
Lucy Henshaw, age 55, born in Massachusetts.
William and family were again shown in the 1860 census (Jun 22 1860), Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts:9
Wm Henshaw, age 80, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $1400 real estate.
Lucy Henshaw, age 65, born in Massachusetts.
Wm H. Henshaw
, age 28, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $200 personal property.
William Henshaw died Oct 18 1862, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.11,13,14
Widow Lucy was shown in the 1870 census (Jun 19 1870), Cherry Valley (Leicester), Worcester County, Massachusetts:10
Henshaw, Lucy, age 75, born in Massachusetts; keeping house.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of son Waldo;17 also living nearby was the family of son Josiah.18
Lucy died Sep 27 1879, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.11,14
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- "History of the Henshaw Family", a handwritten manuscript identified as a copy of a letter written
August 16, 1829 by Daniel Henshaw of Boston (probably #4588 to Joshua Henshaw Hayward of
Boston (probably a son or grandson of Sarah Henshaw Hayward); part of the manuscript
collection titled "Henshaw family Papers, 1757-1892" archived at the American Antiquarian Society,
Manuscripts Department, 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609-1634.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Tom Henshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Tim Chew ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Zane C. Motteler ().
- 1850 census, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll 342, page 326, dwelling #269.
- 1860 census, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M653-531, page 230, line #37, dwelling #469, family #514.
- 1870 census, Cherry Valley P.O., Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M593-653, page 226, line #8, dwelling #90, family #104.
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution, Vol. 16, pg 300.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Tom Henshaw.
- Contribution from Lizbet119 () citing:
Henshaw family bible archived at the Massachusetts Historical Society.
- "Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants" by Marcellus Donald Alexander R. von Redlich; Genealogical Publishing Company, 1988;
Reg. of the General Society of War of 1812; page 401.
- Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- New England Historical & Genealogical Society. "Massachusetts Town Vital Records".
- 1870 census, Cherry Valley P.O., Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M593-653, page 226, line #10, dwelling #91, family #105.
- 1870 census, Cherry Valley P.O., Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M593-653, page 225-226, line #38, dwelling #87, family #101.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:20 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]