1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ William Hinshaw (c1772-?) m Jane Hamm
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1797-1869) m Elizabeth - (1809-1849)
10.......... Albert Anderson Hinshaw (1842-1928) m Eliza Catherine Counts (1851-1929)
11........... Walter Jackson Hinshaw (1891-1968)
+Ruth Huskey (1893-1990)
12............ John Alvin Henshaw (1911-1969) 1,2,3
+Lucile Pearl Dodson (c1900-1933)
12............ Garnet Henshaw 4
12............ Thelna Hinshaw (1930-) 5,6,7,8
+Velma Green Jacks (c1905-)
12............ Gertrude Hinshaw (c1935-) 8
12............ Roy Walter Hinshaw (1936-1961) 8,9
12............ Ruby Hinshaw (c1938-) 8
12............ (son) Hinshaw (1940-) 8
Walter Jackson Hinshaw [ID 06689]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Walter Jackson Hinshaw10 [Walter Jack Hinshaw5,11].
Born Aug 31 1891, Francisco, Jackson County, Alabama.2,4,5,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15
He married Ruth Huskey, about 1910.1,14 Ruth, daughter of John L. + Florence Huskey, was born Feb 18 1893, Jackson County, Alabama.2,14,16 (Feb 19 1893).17
Walter and Ruth were shown in the 1910 census (May 5 1910), living with his parents on Larkin Creek and Huntland Road, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:14
Hinshaw, Albert A.
, age 67, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first marriage, married 41 years; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm.
Hinshaw, Lilah C.
, wife, age 57, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first marriage, married 41 years; 13 children, 10 living.
Hinshaw, Walter, son, age 18, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee; first marriage, married 0 years; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Ruth, daughter-in-law, age 16, born in Alabama; parents born in Tennessee; first marriage, married 0 years.
Living nearby in 1910 were the families of brothers George Monroe Hinshaw18 and William A. Hinshaw.19
Walter and Ruth were apparently divorced or separated sometime before 1920. Ruth died Aug 29 1990, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee; buried Miller Cemetery, New Market, Alabama.2,17
During World War I, Walter was a Private in Company L, 51st Infantry.4,12 On Jun 5 1917 Walter Jackson Hinshaw, age 26, registered for the World War I draft in Jackson County, Alabama. He declared he was born Aug 31st 1891 in Francisco, Alabama, and was then still residing in Francisco, a self-employed farmer, single, with dependent father and mother. He claimed an exemption due to "Father + Mother to support". He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, light hair.10 On Jun 26 1918 Walter J. Hinshaw was inducted at "Camp Pike", Little Rock, Arkansas.20,21
Walter was shown in the 1920 census (Feb 18 1920), living with his parents in Jackson County, Alabama:15
Hinshaw, Albert A.
, head-of-household, age 77, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Walter, son, age 28, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; widower; occupation: laborer, laundry [unclear].
Note that Walter was shown in 1920 as a widower for some reason, even though Ruth lived until 1990.
Ruth and son John Alvin were shown living nearby in 1920, living with her parents in Jackson County, Alabama:16
Huskey, John [middle initial unclear], head-of-household, age 65, born in Georgia; parents born in Alabama; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Huskey, [..unclear..], wife, age 64, born in Tennessee; parents born in Alabama.
Huskey, Ruth, daughter [unclear], age 26, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama [sic]; divorced; occupation: servant in private family.
Huskey, John A.
, son [sic], age 9, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; attended school.
He then married Lucile Pearl Dodson5,11 [Lucille Pearl Dodson4,11, Lucy Dotson1], Feb 11 19235,11. Lucile was born about 1900, Alabama.7 (1897).4
Walter and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 28 1930), Franklin County, Tennessee:7
Hinshaw, Walter J., head-of-household, age 38, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 30; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farming; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Lucile P., wife, age 30, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 28.
, daughter, age 1 month, born in Tennessee; parents born in Alabama.
Lucile died Feb - 1933, buried Beech Grove Cemetery, Jackson County, Alabama.2,4 Medical: Lucille died in childbirth.2
He then married Velma Green Jacks.2 Velma was born about 1905, Alabama.8
Walter and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 26 1940), Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:8
Hinshaw, Walter J., head-of-household, age 48, born in Alabama; completed no schooling; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned farm ($300 value); occupation: farmer, farm.
Hinshaw, Velma, wife, age 35, born in Alabama; completed no schooling; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
, daughter, age 10, born in Alabama; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
, daughter, age 5, born in Alabama; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
In 1965 Walter was living in Sewanee, Franklin County, Tennessee.22
Walter Jackson Hinshaw died Feb 5 1968, Davidson County, Tennessee; age 76.2,4,12,23
Walter is buried with his second wife Lucile.4
Social Security information for Ruth Huskey: 413-28-3549
- Posting 8/10/2002 by Laurel Henshaw to HINSHAW-L.
- Contribution from Laurel Henshaw.
- John Alvin Henshaw obituary.
- "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers", a directory of Alabama cemeteries
by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Rochelle, and Addie Shaver,
F332 P34446 1986, in the Tennessee State Library and Archives;
Also 976.195 V3hk in the LDS Family History Library (not on microfilm).
Contributed by Robert Worley.
- Contribution from Terry Henshaw.
- 1930 census, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T626-2246, ED 6, page 9A, line #27, dwelling #160, family #168.
- 1930 census, 4th Civil District, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T626-2246, ED 6, page 9A, line #27, dwelling #160, family #168.
- 1940 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T627-41, ED 36-33, page 1A, line #34, household #10.
- Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Lineages, Inc., comp. "Gene Pool Individual Records". Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- 1900 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 43, page 291A-B, line #50, dwelling #85, family #85.
- 1910 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 59B, line #74, dwelling #189, family #189.
- 1920 census, Harmony Township, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T625-19, ED 39, page 12B, line #60, dwelling #185, family #185.
- 1920 census, Harmony Township, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T625-19, ED 39, page 12B-13A, line #99, dwelling #192, family #192.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 59B, line #52, dwelling #184, family #184.
- 1910 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 59B, line #66, dwelling #187, family #187.
- U.S., Lists of Men Ordered to Report to Local Board for Military Duty, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Alabama, Military Card Files,1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Louella Hinshaw Summerell.
- Shelby County, Tennessee, Register of Deeds; Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]