1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Jonathan Hinshaw (c1774-1859) m Ann McDaniel (c1775-?)
9......... John Hinshaw (c1801-1885) m Hannah Carter (c1805-1887)
10.......... Isaac Hinshaw (1829-1917) m Hannah Matilda Huff (1830-1917)
11........... Martha Jane Hinshaw (1858-1908)
+Frank T. Greene (1862-?)
Martha Jane Hinshaw [ID 08883]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec - 1858, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5
She married Lafayette Collins, Jan 26 1888, Chestnut Ridge, Deep Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina.6,7
Lafayette had been previously married Sep 4 1878 to Nancy Swaim,6,8 by whom he had a son, James William Collins.6
Lillie B./V. Collins, born Jun 1891, North Carolina; married Jesse James Green, Aug 4 1906.
Lafayette probably died before 1898.11
She then married Frank T. Greene, Feb 19 1898, Henry County, Indiana.9,12 Frank was born Sep - 1862, Indiana.1
Frank had been previously married Dec 9 1880 to Sarah Agnes Catt,9,10 by whom he had at least two sons and a daughter,13 including son Jesse James Green.9 Jesse James Green became step-brother to Martha's daughter from her first marriage, Lillie Collins; on Aug 4 1906 Jesse James Green, 21, and Lillie Collins, 16, were married in Henry County, Indiana9,10 (male child born May 10 1907).13
Martha and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12 1900), Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana:1
Green, Frank, head-of-household, age 38, born Sep 1862 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 2 years; occupation: farm laborer; rented home.
Green, Martha, wife, age 41, born Dec 1858 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; married 2 years; 3 children, 2 living.
Green, Chas., son, age 15, born July 1884 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: farm laborer; attended school 7 months.
Green, Jesse, son, age 13, born July 1886 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: farm laborer; attended school 7 months.
Green, Goldie, daughter, age 12, born Apr 1888 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school 7 months.
Green, Mary, daughter, age 9, born June 1890 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Green, Marshall, son, age 6, born Oct 1893 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Collins, Lillie, step-daughter, age 8, born June 1891 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Martha Jane Hinshaw died Jun 9 1908, Henry County, Indiana.14
- 1900 census, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 76, page 4A, line #26, dwelling #79, family #79.
- 1860 census, Mt. Nebo, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 557, line #30, dwelling #423, family #403.
- 1870 census, Deep Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 656, line #34, dwelling #176, family #168.
- Contribution from Bill Hinshaw citing:
1880 census, Booneville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina.
- 1880 census, Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 437, line #3, dwelling #207, family #211.
- Contribution from Ron Collins ().
- Family notes by Glenn Royal Hinshaw; given by him to DoraLee Harvey Hatley
at an Indiana Hinshaw reunion; courtesy of DoraLee Harvey Hatley
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Contribution from Ron Collins () citing:
Thomas Hamm notes from Henry County Indiana marriage licence applications.
- "Index To Marriage Record Henry County 1850-1920 Inclusive Volume I"; Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1939.
- Speculation, as Martha remarried in 1898.
- "Index To Marriage Record Henry County 1850-1920 Inclusive Volume I"; Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1939 (Book CC-10, pg 159).
- "Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records F-M Book 1 Vol 2 1882-1920"; Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Contribution from Ron Collins () citing:
Henry County Historical Society; county death record Css-5 8.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]