1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835) 8........ Jonathan Hinshaw (c1774-1859) m Ann McDaniel (c1775-?) 9......... John Hinshaw (c1801-1885) +Hannah Carter (c1805-1887) 10.......... Margaret Hinshaw (1823-?) 10.......... Joseph Hinshaw (1825-1906) 10.......... Jesse Hinshaw (1827-<1900) 10.......... Isaac Hinshaw (1829-1917) 10.......... John E. Hinshaw (1831-1914) 10.......... Martin Luther Hinshaw (1836-<1880) 10.......... Pleasant James Hinshaw (1839-1905) 10.......... Solomon Hinshaw (c1842-1863)
|John Hinshaw     [ID 03700]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born about 1801, North Carolina.a,b    (c1795).c
He married Hannah Carter, Jun 1 1823, Surry (now Yadkin) County, North Carolina.44,d,141,e    Hannah Carter, daughter of Joseph Carter & Margaret Hinshaw, was born about 1805, North Carolina.141,a,c,b    John and Hannah were first cousins.
A marriage bond was recorded for John Hinshaw & Hannah Carter on June 1, 1823, Surry County, North Carolina.    Benjamin Hinshaw was recorded as a bondsman.36
Note: At Cane Creek MM on 2-7-1795, "Hannah Hinshaw (formerly Carter) was disowned for her marriage out of unity".    This seemingly could not have been this Hannah Carter, but it does seem odd that there were two Hannah Carter Hinshaws within about a 28 year time span.    Could William Wade Hinshaw have made an error in the date that he showed, or were there really 2 Hannah Carter Hinshaws??
John and family were shown in the 1850 census, Surry County, North Carolina:f
All but one of John & Hannah's sons served in the Civil War.    In a letter written by a J.M. Martin to a Jesse Dobbins, the author mentioned: "Your uncle John Hinshaw's boys was all in the army but Joseph.    James was at home when I left with one of his eyes shot out".h
John and Hannah were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 9 1870), living with son Pleasant James and his wife in Yadkin County, North Carolina:i
Hannah Carter died Jun 22 1887, Surry (now Yadkin) County, North Carolina; ae 85; buried Friend's Deep Creek Church Cemetery, Yadkin County, North Carolina.141,200
Photo: John Hinshaw gravestone k
Photo: Hannah Carter Hinshaw gravestone k
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
141. Family group sheets contributed by Thornton Neal Hinshaw
200. Lineage notes on the family and descendents of John Hinshaw and Hannah Carter, contributed by Bill Hinshaw
(a) 1850 census, Surry County, North Carolina; roll 646, page 203, dwelling #624.
(c) 1860 census, Chestnut Ridge P.O., Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll M653-919, page 284, line #25, dwelling #500, family #478.
(d) Contribution from Thornton Neal Hinshaw.
(e) "North Carolina Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
(f) 1850 census, South Division, Surry County, North Carolina; roll 646, page 203B, dwelling #624.
(g) 1860 census, Chestnut Ridge P.O., Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll M653-919, page 284, line #20, dwelling #499, family #477.
(h) Contribution from Bill Hinshaw citing:
"Voices From Cemetery Hill", by Allen Paul Speer
(i) 1870 census, Boonville P.O., Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll M593-1166, page 623, line #21, dwelling #136, family #136.
(j) 1880 census, Booneville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 428, line #15, dwelling #31, family #31.
(k) Photo courtesy of Bill Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]