1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Jonathan Hinshaw (c1774-1859) m Ann McDaniel (c1775-?)
9......... John Hinshaw (c1801-1885) m Hannah Carter (c1805-1887)
10.......... Isaac Hinshaw (1829-1917) m Hannah Matilda Huff (1830-1917)
11........... John A. Hinshaw (1867-1895)
+Alice Louise Harris (1873-1919)
12............ Horace Dean Hinshaw (1894-1975) 1,2,3,4
John A. Hinshaw [ID 08886]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 24 18672,5 [about 18706], Yadkin County, North Carolina2,5.
He married Alice Louise Harris, Aug 10 1892, Henry County, Indiana.2,7,8,9 Alice, daughter of James Harris & Ava Case3, was born Feb - 18733 [Feb 24 187210], Indiana3.
John A. Hinshaw died 1895, Henry County, Indiana.2 John died from typhoid fever.2
After John died, Alice remarried to Logan Thomas Leigh, Jan 8 1898, Henry County, Indiana.8,9,11
Alice and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 25 1900), Ripley Township, Rush County, Indiana:3
Leigh, Logan T., head-of-household, age 33, born Aug 1866 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married 2 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
Leigh, Alice L., wife, age 27, born Feb 1873 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 2 years; 2 children, 2 living.
, son, age 5, born Sept 1894 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Leigh, Raymond, son, age 1, born May 1899 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Alice died Apr 28 1919, at her home, Chesterfield, Union Township, Madison County, Indiana; age 47.10,12,13
Alice's obituary was published in "The Logansport Pharos-Tribune" (Logansport, Indiana) on Wednesday, April 30, 1919:13
Mrs. Alice Leigh, forty-seven years of age, died Monday morning at 9:30 o'clock at her home in Chesterfield, Ind., after a lingering illness. Deceased is survived by her husband L. T. Leigh, and two sons, H. D. Hinshaw of this city, and Sergeant Raymond D. Leigh, who has been in France, and who was unable to arrive at his mother's bedside until after death had taken place. The funeral will be held tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock from the residence in Chesterfield. Burial will be made in the Glencove cemetery at Knightstown.
Logan died 1953, New Castle, Indiana, buried Glen Cove Cemetery.14
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Family notes by Glenn Royal Hinshaw; given by him to DoraLee Harvey Hatley
at an Indiana Hinshaw reunion; courtesy of DoraLee Harvey Hatley
- 1900 census, Ripley Township, Rush County, Indiana; roll T623-400, ED 91, page 8A, line #15, dwelling #166, family #167.
- Indiana, Select Marriages, 1780-1992; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, Deep Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 656, line #34, dwelling #176, family #168.
- 1880 census, Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 437, line #3, dwelling #207, family #211.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-9, page 22.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana, Marriage Index, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 4, 1850-1920,
Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-10, page 142.
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]