+-- William Hinshaw | 1724-1814 +-- Ezra Hinshaw ---+ | 1753-1836 | | +-- Sarah Courtney | 1730-c1768 Thomas Zachariah Hinshaw ---+ B: 1781 | +-- William Marshill D: 1831 | | +-- Ruth Marshill --+ 1759-1857 | +-- Rebecca Dixson M: Sarah McMasters +-- Hannah Hinshaw, 1808-1870 +-- Ruth Hinshaw, 1810-1862 +-- Visa Hinshaw, 1811-? +-- Ezra Hinshaw, 1813-<1880 +-- Jonathan Hinshaw, 1816-1889 +-- John Hinshaw, 1818-1872 +-- Rebecca Hinshaw, 1820-1887 +-- Anna Hinshaw, 1824-1867 +-- Mary Hinshaw, 1827-?
|Thomas Zachariah Hinshaw     [ID 00115]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 7-9-1781, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,a,183,217
He married Sarah McMasters, about 1806.a,b,78,185,198    (Mary McMasters)93,183,205    Sarah, daughter of Jonathan McMasters & Hannah Hobson, was born Feb 23 1788, Randolph County, North Carolina.a,b,78,185,198    (or Samuel McMasters & Nancy Warren).93,183,205
Note that Thomas and his sisters Hannah and Dinah all married sibblings: Mary McMasters was the sister of Hannah's husband James McMasters and Dinah's husband Elisha McMasters.93
At Cane Creek MM on 9 Mo. 3 1808, Thomas Hinshaw was disowned for his marriage out-of-unity.2,185
Thomas and family were shown in the 1810 census living in Randolph County, North Carolina, as follows:185
Sarah and family were again shown in the 1850 census (Dec 12 1850), Randolph County, North Carolina:185,d
Sarah Hinshaw, widow of Thomas, left a will dated Jul 26 1852, probated Nov 1867 (Randolph County, NC Will Book 14, page 188)185,218 (see below).
Photo: Sarah McMasters Hinshaw's last will and testament 218
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
185. "History and Genealogy of the Hinshaw Family", compiled by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw, 1967; with considerable content from William Perry Johnson, a noted genealogist hired by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw. Contributed by Bob Mount ()
198. "The Hobson Family Lineage", by Jay W. Hobson, 1994; GS929.2 H684 in a local library
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
218. Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
(a) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(b) Contribution from Dale Hinshaw McMasters.
(c) "Genealogical Journal", Vol. 17, No. 1, Winter 1993;
Randolph County, North Carolina Genealogical Society.
(d) 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 249B, line #29, dwelling #1280, family #1280.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]