┌── Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── Jacob A. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1778-1826 │
│ └── Elisabeth Hinshaw
Hannah Hinshaw ────────────┤
B: 1824 │ ┌── John Allen
D: 1903 │ │
└── Phebe Allen ───────┤
└── Rachel Stout
M: Eli Kenneth Cadwallader
M: John Cox
Hannah Hinshaw [ID 00251]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 9-21-1824, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6
She married Eli Kenneth Cadwallader2,4,5,7,8 [William W. Cadwallader9], Feb 29 18462,4,5,7,8, Arba MM, Randolph County, Indiana2,4,5,7,8. Eli, son of Thomas Cadwallader & Vashti Thomas, was born Mar 20 1825, Miami MM, Warren, Ohio.6,8,10,11 Note: Indiana marriage records show William W. Cadwallader married Hannah Hinshaw on Nov 22 1845, Randolph County, Indiana. It seems very likely that this is the same marriage, but note the different date and different husband's first name.12,13
At Cherry Grove MM on 1-10-1846, Hannah Cadwallader (formerly Hinshaw), Lynn meeting, was complained of for marriage contrary to discipline. "2-14-1846 condemned her misconduct".3
Phoebe/Phebe Cadwallader, born Aug 31 1846; married William Bond (1844-1894).
Vashti Anna Cadwallader, born Apr 8 1849; died Feb 13 1908; married Caleb Pierce Thomas.
Tilnias/Tilniar Thomas Cadwallader, born May 21 1851; died Aug 28 1852.
Rachel Malinda Cadwallader, born Mar 6 1852/1854; died Jul 20 1854/1857.
Andrew Jeremiah / Jeremiah A. Cadwallader, born Apr 14 1859; died Nov 10 1892; married Anna J. Edwards.
Jacob Edward Cadwallader, born Oct 24 1860.
Mary Alice / Mary M. Cadwallader, born Oct 4 1861; died Dec 27 1944; married Charles Edwards.
Joseph E. Cadwallader.
Robert G. Cadwallader.
Eli died May 2 1883, Randolph County, Indiana.6,10
She then married John Cox14,15 [Jonathan Cox16], Dec 23 188814,15, Lynn, Randolph County, Indiana14,15. John, son of David Cox & Phoebe Thomas, was born Aug 23 1818, Montgomery County, Ohio.14,15
John died Mar 9 1900, Jericho, Randolph County, Indiana; age 80y 6m 10d.15,16
Hannah Hinshaw died Jan 22 1903, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; age 78y 4m 1d.6,15,17
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- Holloway family bible: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ingrant/bibholl.html.
- Family Group sheets gathered at the 1992 Hinshaw reunion, submitted
- Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
- Hinshaw family notes and photos from Jim Lieland ();
excerpted from "Hinshaw and Allied Families History" by Dota Claudius Brown
- Julie Anne Ward () database:
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- "Indiana Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- Indiana, Select Marriages Index, 1748-1993; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Quaker Cemetery Records, 1800-1990; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]