┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1757-1825 │
│ └── Sarah Courtney
Aaron Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1789 │ ┌── William Marshill
D: 1840 │ │
└── Rebecca Marshill ──┤
└── Rebecca Dixson
M: Margary Underwood
├── Milo Hinshaw (c1812-?) 1,2,3
├── Marinda Hinshaw 1,3
├── Mary Hinshaw 1,3
└── Melissa Hinshaw (c1818-1894) 1,3
Aaron Hinshaw [ID 00084]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 7-15-1789, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,4,5,6
He married Margary Underwood, Sep 22 1811, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,5,7,8 Margary was born about 1889, North Carolina.2
At Cane Creek MM on 12-6-1817, Aaron was disowned for his "marriage out of unity".4
Aaron Hinshaw died Jan 6 1840, buried Shiloh Church, near Julian, North Carolina.1,9,10 Aaron made his will on Jan 21 18357,10 (proved 1840)10 - see below.
Widow Margary was shown in the 1840 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:11
Margery Hinshaw household:
1 male age 20-30.
2 females age 20-30.
1 female age 50-60 [Margary].
4 persons total in household.
Margary was shown in the 1850 census (Nov 27 1850), living with son Milo in Randolph County, North Carolina:2
, age 38, born in North Carolina; farmer; $200 real estate.
Margory Hinshaw, age 61, born in North Carolina; $200 real estate; cannot read or write.
Living two houses away was the household of Aaron's brother Enoch.12
Photo: Aaron Hinshaw's last will and testament
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 240B, line #12, dwelling #1127, family #1127.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
- "North Carolina Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
- LDS Pedigree Resource File.
- Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
- 1840 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 369, page 121.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1125.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]