1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ William Hinshaw (c1772-?) m Jane Hamm
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1797-1869) m Elizabeth - (1809-1849)
10.......... George Washington Hinshaw (1822-1907) m Elizabeth Jane Robertson (1824-1893)
11........... David Franklin Henshaw (1860-1942) m Martha Jane Vandiver (1866-?)
12............ Ellis Lee Henshaw (1900-1971)
+Amy May McDonald (1900-1990)
13............. Geraldine Faye Henshaw (1919-1997) 1,2
Ellis Lee Henshaw [ID 13418]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ellis Lee Henshaw1,3,4,5,6 [Lee Ellis Henshaw7].
Born Mar 1 1900, Tennessee.1,3,5,6,7,8
On Sep 12 1918 Ellis Lee Henshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in McIntosh County, Oklahoma. He declared he was born March 1 1900, and was then residing in [..unclear..], McIntosh County, Oklahoma where he was a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Amy Henshaw of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, slender, brown eyes, black hair.6
He married Amy May McDonald1,5 [Amy Ashley9], 19191,5, McIntosh County, Oklahoma1,5. Amy was born Dec 21 1900, Oklahoma.1,5
Ellis and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), 403 Oak St., Checotah, McIntosh County, Oklahoma:1
Henshaw, Ellis L., head-of-household, age 19, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; owned home; occupation: salesman, [..unclear..].
Henshaw, Amy M., wife, age 19, born in Oklahoma; father born in Mississippi; mother born in Georgia.
Henshaw, Geraldine F.Living two houses away in 1920 was the family of sister Mamie.10
[initial unclear], daughter, age 3 months, born in Oklahoma; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Oklahoma.
In 1971 Ellis was living in/near Harvey, Cook County, Illinois.8
Ellis Lee Henshaw died Oct 15 1971.5,8
Amy died Jun 25 1990.5
Photo: Ellis Lee Henshaw with brother Ples, 1918
Social Security information for Ellis Lee Henshaw: 332-09-5676
- 1920 census, Checotah, McIntosh County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1471, ED 42, page 3B, line #51, dwelling #61, family #66.
- Contribution from Jack Bailey ().
- 1910 census, Turner Township, McIntosh County, Oklahoma; roll T624-1260, ED 79, page 320B, line #73, dwelling #42, family #45.
- Posting May 24 2002 by Sheila G Clark-Carpenter () to the Henshaw message board:
- Contribution from Jack Bailey.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, 16th District, Franklin County, Tennessee; page 237B (sheet 8B), line #53, dwelling #143, family #145.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- McIntosh County, Oklahoma marriages, 1918-1920; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1920 census, Checotah, McIntosh County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1471, ED 42, page 3B, line #57, dwelling #63, family #69.
- Photo courtesy of Jack Bailey.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]