1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock 7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833) 8........ John Hinshaw (1783-1855) m Margaret Ann Ratcliff (1790-1860) 9......... Absalom Hinshaw (1828-1905) m Edith H. West (1833-1912) 10.......... Henrietta J. Hinshaw (1873-1958) +John H. Rolling (?-1922) +William J. Cochran (?-1939)
|Henrietta J. Hinshaw     [ID 01944]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Henrietta J. Hinshaw)2,a,190    (Nettie Hinshaw)a,b,c
Born 2-1-1873, Newberry MM, Clinton County, Ohio.2,58,a,148,190,c
At the Newberry MM on 11-20-1893, Henrietta was dropped from membership.2
She married John H. Rolling, Dec 2 1902.a,148
John died Apr 15 1922.a
She then married William J. Cochran, Oct 20 1924.a
William died Sep 20 1939.a
According to a family story as told by Nettie's great nephew, Joseph Leonard Hinshaw, Nettie wrote to Joseph and requested that he not get married, but instead join her in Florida where she owned a hotel or business establishment.    She in turn would take care of him with room & board and pay him a handsome salary.    She was getting up in her years and needed the assistance of a young man for protection etc.    Joseph graciously refused and married instead.    Nettie is reported to have lost everything to dishonest employees and borders who befriended her and took her for whatever they could get.d
Henrietta J. Hinshaw died May 17 1958, Bainbridge, Ross County, Ohio; buried Earlham College Cemetery, Richmond, Indiana.a,148,b,190    Nettie is buried under the name Nettie Rolling, next to her first husband, John Rolling.b
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
58. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
148. Family group sheets contributed by Melissa Kay Hinshaw Owens
190. "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
(a) Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer.
(b) Contribution from Melissa Kay Hinshaw Owens.
(c) 1900 census, Twin Township, Ross County, Ohio; ED 102, page 182B, line #55, dwelling #109, family #111.
(d) Contribution from Melissa Kay Hinshaw Owens, citing: Joseph Leonard Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]