1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ William Hinshaw (c1772-?) m Jane Hamm
9......... William Hinshaw (1812-1859) m Mary Lambertson (?-1841)
10.......... Warren Peter Hinshaw (1841-1905)
+Francis M. Bostick (1842-1909)
11........... Mary L. Hinshaw (c1861-?) 1
11........... Martha Louise Hinshaw (1863-1947) 1,2,3,4
11........... Sarah Alice Hinshaw (1866-1897) 1,2,3,5
11........... Charlotte Hinshaw (c1867-?) 1
11........... Eliza Ellen Hinshaw (1869-1945) 1,2,6,7
11........... A. Matilda Henshaw (c1873-?) 2,3
11........... Nancy C. Henshaw (c1875-?) 2,3
11........... Susan Emma Hinshaw (1877-1903) 2,3,8
11........... James Lindsy Henshaw (c1879-?) 2,3
11........... Amanda Elizabeth Hinshaw (1881-1977) 9
Warren Peter Hinshaw [ID 02123]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 1 1841, Alabama.6,7,8,10,11,12 Warren was shown age 9 in the Jackson County, Alabama, 1850 census;6 age 19 in the 1860 census;13 age 25 in the 1870 census.1
He married Francis M. Bostick14 [Frances Bostick6,7,15], Aug 9 186014, Jackson County, Alabama14. Francis was born Apr 11 184212 [Apr 11 184511], Alabama11.
During the Civil War Warren served as a private in Company C, 50th Alabama Volunteer Infantry,16,17 enlisting in 1862 at Shelbyville, Tennessee.17 He was imprisoned at Nashville, Tennesee at the close of the war and was released April 15, 1865.17 On Aug 12 1904 he filed for a pension in Jackson County, Alabama,16,17 claiming he was unable to make a living by manual labor due to physical disability.17 His 1904 pension application listed his address as: P.O. "Estills Fort" [sic - Estill Fork], Alabama.17
Warren and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 24 1870), Jackson County, Alabama:1
Hinshaw, Warren, age 25, born in Alabama; farm laborer; $250 personal property.
Hinshaw, Francis, age 22, born in Alabama; keeping house.
Living two houses away in 1870 was cousin George W. Hinshaw.18
Warren and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 3 1880), Jackson County, Alabama:2
Henshaw, W.P., age 39, born in Alabama; parents born in Tennessee; farmer; unemployed 12 months.
Henshaw, F.M., wife, age 38, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house; unemployed 12 months.
Henshaw, Marth L.
, daughter, age 17, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Henshaw, Sarah A.
, daughter, age 14, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Henshaw, Eliza Ellen
, daughter, age 11, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Henshaw, A. Matilda
, daughter, age 7, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Henshaw, Nancy C.
, daughter, age 5, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Henshaw, Susan E.Two houses away in 1880 was the family of brother James T. Hinshaw;19 living next door was the family of Thomas William Henshaw;20 one more house away was the family of Nancy E. Henshaw Prince;21 one more house away was the family of Newton Hinshaw;22 one more house away was the family of Mary Ann Hinshaw Reed.23
, daughter, age 3, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
Warren and family were again shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), Jackson County, Alabama:9
Hinshaw, Warren P., head-of-household, age 59, born Jan 1841 in Alabama; father born in North Carolina; mother's birthplace unknown; married 39 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
Hinshaw, Francis M., wife, age 57, born Apr 1843 in Alabama; parents' birthplaces unknown; married 39 years; 13 children, 7 living.
Warren Peter Hinshaw died Jan 1 1905, buried Jan 2 1905, Johnson Station Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.8,11,12
On Thursday, Jan 5 1905 the "Arlington Journal" (Arlington, Texas) reported:8
The remains of Mr. Henshaw were interred in the cemetery here Monday.
Francis died Mar 25 1909, buried Johnson Station Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.11,12
Buried in the same cemetery is cousin Martha (Hinshaw) Swaim.11
Photo: Warren Peter Hinshaw & Frances M. Bostick gravestone Johnson Station Cemetery
- 1870 census, Subdivision Two, Big Coon, Jackson County, Alabama; page 93', line #29, dwelling #367, family #372.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 66D, line #49, dwelling #36, family #37.
- 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama; Beat 18, ED 102, page 4D-5A/66D-67A, line #49, dwelling #36, family #37.
- Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Patrick McIntyre ().
- "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers", a directory of Alabama cemeteries
by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Rochelle, and Addie Shaver,
F332 P34446 1986, in the Tennessee State Library and Archives;
Also 976.195 V3hk in the LDS Family History Library (not on microfilm).
Contributed by Robert Worley.
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- 1900 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 36, page 207B, line #98, dwelling #54, family #54.
- Contribution from Rochelle T. White () citing:
1900 census, Jackson County, Alabama.
- Johnson Station Cemetery burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- Gravestone photo courtesy of Allen Wheatley: http://teafor2.com.
- 1860 census, Jackson County, Alabama; page 307, dwelling #277.
- "Jackson County Alabama Marriages 1851-1856 and Book A 1859-1871", p51 (USGenWeb Archives).
- Dodd, Jordan R. "Early American Marriages: Alabama, 1800 to 1920". Orem, UT: Ancestry, Inc., 1999.
- Civil War Veterans Buried in Jackson County, Alabama; USGenWeb Archives:
- Alabama Department of Archives & History; Civil War Service Database:
- 1870 census, Subdivision Two, Big Coon, Jackson County, Alabama; page 93B', line #1, dwelling #369, family #374.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 67A, line #15, dwelling #38, family #39.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 66D, line #44, dwelling #35, family #36.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 66D, line #40, dwelling #34, family #35.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 66D, line #38, dwelling #33, family #34.
- 1880 census, Beat 18, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T9-16, ED 102, page 66D, line #28, dwelling #32, family #33.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:33:33 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]