Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw
1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Zeno Hinshaw (1808-1873) m Rachel Williams (1813-1873)
10.......... Silas G. Hinshaw (1843-1922) m Rebecca A. Breckenridge (1842-1910)
11........... Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw (1879-1967)
+Lillie V. Sandham (1887-1964)
12............ Dwynn Eldon Hinshaw (1908-1922) 1,2
12............ Valma Juanita Hinshaw (1913-1996) 1,2,3
12............ Virginia Madelina Hinshaw (1919-1963) 1,2
12............ Veronica Ramona "Ronnie" Hinshaw (1927-1996) 1,3,4
Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw [ID 00436]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 22 1879, McDowell, Livingston County, Illinois.2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
He married Lillie V. Sandham13 [Lillian V. Sandham1,14], Sep - 190413, Hempstead County, Arkansas13. Lillie, daughter of Millard Filmore Sandham & Flora A. Spangler, was born 1887, Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,4,15
On Sep 12 1918 Charles Wilber Hinshaw, age 39, registered for the World War I draft in McLean County, Illinois. He declared he was born January 22 1879, and was then residing in Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois, a self-employed painter. He declared his nearest relative was Mrs. Lillie Hinshaw of Chenoa. He was recorded as medium height, stout, brown eyes, red hair.11
Charles and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), Chenoa Township, McLean County, Illinois:2
Hinshaw, Charles, head-of-household, age 40, born in Illinois; parents birthplace not shown; owned home; house painter.
Hinshaw, Lillie, wife, age 33, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
[unclear], son, age 11, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
, daughter, age 6, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
, daughter, age 10 months [unclear], born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Charles and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), Chenoa, Livingston County, Illinois:4
Hinshaw, Charles W., head-of-household, age 61, born in Illinois; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($800 value); occupation: painter, buildings; worked 30 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Hinshaw, Lillie V., wife, age 53, born in Illinois; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Hinshaw, Veronica R.Living nearby in 1940 was the family of Charles' nephew Frank.16
, daughter, age 13, born in Illinois; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
On Apr 27 1942 Charles Wilber Hinshaw, age 63, registered for the World War II draft in Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois. He declared he was born Jan 22 1879 in McDowell, Illinois, and was then residing in Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois; self-employed. He declared his relative/contact as Lillie Hinshaw of Chenoa. He was recorded as 5'8" tall, 215 lbs., brown eyes, gray hair, ruddy complexion.17
Lillie died 1964, Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois; buried Chenoa Cemetery, Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois.1,15
Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw died Mar - 1967, Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois; buried Chenoa Cemetery, Chenoa, McLean County, Illinois.1,9,12,15
Photo: Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw & Lillie V. Sandham gravestone Chenoa Cemetery
Social Security information for Charles Wilber "Red" Hinshaw: 343-09-8051
- Contribution from Leslie Barringer ().
- 1920 census, Chenoa Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-387, ED 124, page 7B, line #83, dwelling #170, family #171.
- Obituary of Valma J. Hinshaw.
- 1940 census, Chenoa, Livingston County, Illinois; roll T627-842, ED 57-42, page 14B, line #76, household #351.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- Silas Hinshaw family bible records; from the possessions of Susan M. Hinshaw;
courtesy of Sharon Newcomer ().
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Zimmer & Mikesell Family Tree" posted by "lanoreg".
- 1900 census, Eppards Point Township, Livingston County, Illinois; roll T623-318, ED 98, page 1B, line #68, dwelling #12, family #12.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "Marriage Records of McLean County, Illinois" by Lilah Smith & Verda Gerwick; Heritage House, Danville, IL 1971.
- GEDCOM file h8789.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Chenoa, Livingston County, Illinois; roll T627-842, ED 57-42, page 14B, line #71, household #349.
- U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]