1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... William Henshaw (1735-1820) m Phebe Swan (1753-1808)
8........ Horatio Gates Henshaw (1788-1860)
+Elizabeth Hastings (c1792-?)
9......... Harriet Elizabeth Henshaw (1817-1896) 1,2,3,4,5,6
9......... Almira Henshaw (1818-?) 2,3,6,7
9......... Caroline Henshaw (1824-?) 3,4
Horatio Gates Henshaw [ID 04591]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 21 1788, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.2,3,4,5,8,9
Horatio was named after General Gates, under whom Horatio's father, William, served as assistant during the Siege of Boston in 1775, and the Battle of Long Island, August 1776.2
He married Elizabeth Hastings.1,2,3 Elizabeth was born about 1792, Massachusetts.4,5
Horatio was cashier of the Leicester bank and was justice of the peace. He wrote many articles on contemporary political events and essays on local Revolutionary War history.2
Horatio and family are shown in the 1850 census (Sep 12 1850), Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts:4
H.G. Henshaw, age 61, born in Massachusetts; wine manufacturer; $3000 real estate.
Elizabeth Henshaw, age 57, born in Massachusetts.
Margaret Campion [unclear], age 18, born in Ireland.
Horatio Gates Henshaw died May 7 1860, age 71.2,8,10 Medical: Horatio died from consumption (four years duration).10
Widow Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 13 1860), including Horatio for some reason (even though he had died the month before), Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts:5
H. G. Henshaw, age 71, born in Massachusetts; $2000 real estate; $3000 personal property.
Eliz. Henshaw, age 68, born in Massachusetts.
, age 8, born in Pennsylvania; attended school.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Library of Congress, National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC),
- "History of the Henshaw Family", a handwritten manuscript identified as a copy of a letter written
August 16, 1829 by Daniel Henshaw of Boston (probably #4588 to Joshua Henshaw Hayward of
Boston (probably a son or grandson of Sarah Henshaw Hayward); part of the manuscript
collection titled "Henshaw family Papers, 1757-1892" archived at the American Antiquarian Society,
Manuscripts Department, 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609-1634.
- 1850 census, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M432-342, page 336, line #20 dwelling #416, family #439.
- 1860 census, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M653-531, page 193, line #25, dwelling #209, family #225.
- New England Historical & Genealogical Society. "Massachusetts Town Vital Records".
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Contribution from Lizbet119 () citing:
Henshaw family bible archived at the Massachusetts Historical Society.
- Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census Mortality Schedule, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll T1204-17, page 3, line #5.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]