1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney
7....... John Hinshaw (1755-?) m Mary Martin (1763-?)
8........ George Hinshaw (1786-<1850) m Anna Goldin (c1797-c1880)
9......... John Hinshaw (c1822-1883) m Nancy Coffee (1830-?)
10.......... William Temple Hinshaw (1851-c1890)
+Nancy Evie Skaggs (1861-1900)
11........... Maria C. Hinshaw (c1878-?) 1
11........... Maggie Hinshaw (1880-?) 1
William Temple Hinshaw [ID 07624]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 1851, Tennessee.1,2
He married Nancy Evie Skaggs, Oct 10 1876.2 Nancy was born Sep 17 1861, Tennessee.1,2 Note that William's brother James married Florence E. Skaggs (relationship unknown).
William and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 17 1880), Grainger County, Tennessee:1
Hinshaw, William T., age 29, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; farmer.
Hinshaw, Nancy E., wife, age 19, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Hinshaw, MaggieLiving nearby in 1880 were the families of brother James.3 sister Amanda,4 and also William's parents.5
, daughter, age 2 months, born Apr 1880 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Possible additional daughter: Gladys Hinshaw, born Nov 12 1892 (mother - Skaggs); married - Gaskell.6
William Temple Hinshaw died about 1890. William died in the late 1880s or early 1890s.2
After William died, Nancy remarried Dec 6 1896 to William's second cousin, Alonzo B. Hinshaw (born 1863).2
Nancy died Jan 18 1900.2
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 455B, line #34, dwelling #240, family #250.
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 455B, line #49, dwelling #244, family #254.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 455B, line #41, dwelling #242, family #252.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 455B, line #16, dwelling #237, family #247.
- Speculation; see RootsWeb California Death Index:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]