+-- Thomas Hinshaw | 1757-1825 +-- Thomas Hinshaw --+ | 1802-1877 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill | 1762-1836 Jesse Hinshaw ---+ B: 1836 | +-- Benjamin Davis Piggott D: 1898 | | +-- Hannah Piggott --+ 1801-1866 | +-- Ruth Davis M: Anna H. Cox +-- Enoch Hinshaw, 1861-1862 +-- Riley Cox Hinshaw, 1864-1953 +-- George Washington Hinshaw, 1873-1942
|Jesse Hinshaw     [ID 01090]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Jesse Hinshaw)44,47,93,95,97,129,205,a    (Jessie Hinshaw)b
Born May 11 1836, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana.44,47,93,95,97,129
He married Anna H. Cox, Nov 12 1858, Randolph County, Indiana.a,103    (Nov 6 1858).47,97,129,205    Anna, daughter of John Cox & Hepsa Hiatt, was born Aug 31 1836, Indiana.97,205    (Aug - 1837).c
Note that Jesse's brother Job married Anna's sister Serena Cox.
At White River MM on 2-5-1859, Jesse Hinshaw, Jericho meeting, was complained of for marrying contrary to discipline; "4-2-1859 offense acknowledged".    On 3-5-1859, Anna H. Hinshaw (formerly Cox), White River meeting, was similarly complained of; "4-2-1859 offense acknowledged".49
Jesse and Anna were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 26 1860), Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana (page 422, dwelling 426):d
Widow Anna and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 9 1900), Randolph County, Indiana:c
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
49. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
97. "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson, microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
103. "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield, Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
129. "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3, by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (county bk page 16).
(b) Contribution from Barb Roberts citing: 1870 census, Indiana.
(c) 1900 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 134, page 242B (sheet 6B), line #63, dwelling #116, family #123.
(d) 1860 census, Wayne Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 1016-1017, line #40, dwelling #1093, family #1018.
(e) 1870 census, Winchester P.O., White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; page 555A, line #10, dwelling #422, family #426.
(f) Contribution from Vivian Byrd Elvidge citing:
"Jericho Friend's Meeting and Its Community". 1958, Jericho Board of Trustees; pg 152.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]