1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828) 8........ Ezra Hinshaw (1797-1874) m Jane Woodward (1798-1882) 9......... Jesse Hinshaw (1824-1901) m Julia Hadley (1824-1892) 10.......... Ezra Ira Hinshaw (1846-1877) +Glaphrey Goodman (1847-1927) 11........... Milas Clark Hinshaw (1873-1955) 11........... Della Hinshaw (1874-1918) 11........... Virgil Goodman Hinshaw (1876-1952) 11........... Julia Hinshaw (1878-1879)
|Ezra Ira Hinshaw     [ID 01355]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 8-22-1846, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.59,63,183,205
Ezra was shown in the 1870 census (Jun 8 1870), Jefferson County, Iowa, living and working in the household of a Lot & Jane Johnson:a
Medical: Tay-Sachs: There is strong evidence that Galaphrey was a carrier of Tay-Sachs disease.    Her son Virgil was apparently a carrier as grandchildren from both of his wives have been shown to have the gene.d    Since the Tay-Sachs gene is carried with people of eastern European Jewish ancestry, it is probable that Galaphrey was of eastern European ancestry and also might possibly have been Jewish.d
Ezra Ira Hinshaw died Sep 11 1877.63,183,205
At Richland MM on 7-6-1878, Galaphrey & minor children Miles Clark, Della, Virgil, & Julia were received by request.63
After Ezra died, Glaphrey secondly married Apr 24 1879 to a Richard M. Shelly,63,e by whom she had daughter:f
Glaphrey and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa:c
59. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
63. "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records", a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
144. The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw, contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1870 census, Fairfield P.O., Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; page 21, line #35, dwelling #123, family #128.
(b) GEDCOM file g523.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(c) 1900 census, Black Hawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T623-439, ED 41, page 3A, line #46, dwelling #63, family #64.
(d) Contribution from Thomas V. Hinshaw.
(e) Contribution from Dixie Richardson ().
(f) Contribution from Dixie Richardson () citing:
obituary of Luzena Shelly Taylor.
(g) Iowa Cemetery Records. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
(h) Contribution from Dixie Richardson () citing:
1880 census, Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; FHL Film 1254347; National Archives Film T9-0347; page 295A.
(i) 1880 census, Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T9-0347, ED 75, page 295A, line #32, dwelling #81, family #85.
(j) 1880 census, Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T9-0347, ED 75, page 295A, line #16, dwelling #79, family #83.
(k) Contribution from Elisabeth Mary Hinshaw-Osgood citing:
family history notes kept by Randall Weston Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]